Need a Network card for Windows 10

brandonvi

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I have a GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 it seems that Gigabyte and the realtek did not feel the need to update the network drivers to windows 10 for this and windows 10 does not work with it AT ALL (atleast the last time I tried a month or so ago)

seeing as I am running out of time to get windows 10 for free I wanted to try to look for a network card that would work with windows 10 so far I have not found much most of the posts I find say that there are no drivers for more or less anything for windows 10 so far from what I have looked at I have only found 1 card that anyone said would work with windows 10

Intel EXPI9301CT which is a $33 card but even that seems to be conflicting info while I find one post saying it works great with windows 10 I also find other posts saying it does not work with windows 8.1 and there are no drivers which makes me worry for the windows 10 drivers

so anyone know a network card that your 100% works in windows 10 preferably with windows 10 drivers

Solution
I like Intel network cards myself. Good testing, they supply drivers to endusers, they have money to update drivers for years after other vendors stop the updates. They make the chip and driver. (Other reasons also)
_____
Motherboard vendors just often fail to update their website for older boards. You have to go to the chip vendor for the driver.
Here is the current driver for your realtek rtl8111d network chip. Date 6/27/2016

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
I like Intel network cards myself. Good testing, they supply drivers to endusers, they have money to update drivers for years after other vendors stop the updates. They make the chip and driver. (Other reasons also)
_____
Motherboard vendors just often fail to update their website for older boards. You have to go to the chip vendor for the driver.
Here is the current driver for your realtek rtl8111d network chip. Date 6/27/2016

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Solution

TRENDING THREADS