Need a new (cheap) video card

Saidir

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
The fan on my current GeForce 9800 GT is going, played a few hours of TF2 Monday, checked my temps after...it hit 111 celcius, yeah, not good. Currently underclocking the card to lower the temp a bit.

Dell OPP150 (I know, it hurts, was given the PC by a friend when mine died earlier this year)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
20 inch LED/LCD, 1600 x 900 / 60 Hz
4 Gigs, DDR2 RAM
750 Watt PSU
Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Alas, I'm a bit strapped for cash right now so I can't go much over $50-70 USD. I don't need something that can run Skyrim on max or anything, just able to handle some of the newer games. I'm even fine with near minimum graphics as long as the FPS is somewhat decent.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a Dell, its more on what the inside that counts, such as your Core2Quad, which is still a beast today.

As far as a recommendation, I would say the Radeon 5670 or 6670 would be your best bet. They are no question the best cards you can get for under $100.

Right now there though, there is some really really good stuff on sale for Christmas, like close to $100 off certain things if you can find them. This is one of the best out there right now, I actually have one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=154506&CatId=3670