warbelsnap

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Time to upgrade! I have been looking at getting a new Gr. card, the only problem is understanding the differences in them. Looks like the ATI 32mg DDR card might be the way to go. The one I looked at today said somthing about "No Z buffer". What the hell is that? And is there a way to set this card up so it will run smoother and quicker then factory specs. Thanks early for any reply's!

PS. Also can someone please tell me which graphics card will work with my system......Abit BX6(original)
300 celery OC'ed to 450
128mg Crucial pc133 ram
5 gig Fulitsu HD

G

what web site did you see this at? Alot of them say things like "no hyperz" etc... but it really doesnt matter, the card is the same as a retail... unless it is a VE then it is SDR.... go to www.newegg.com 84 dollars for one there I KNOW is as good as a retail... that and you get free shipping... check out the post ATI RAdeon Ripoff or something like that, you'll get all the registry entries to fix, and the location of where to down powerstrip and how to configure it..

-AMD's are not for the faint of heart... Intels? those are for newbies :eek:)-

G

The radeon 32meg DDR is the way to go. Avoid the SDR version and the VE, those are overpriced. The ddr version can be found for about the same price as the SDR with performance the same or better than the GF2 GTS.