[SOLVED] Need a new keyboard. No idea where to start,

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
So I have a Saitek keyboard that I've had for years. It's still working, but I'm hearing more creeks and squeaks and groans as I hit the keys lately while typing. I don't know anything about the different key types or what I would like. With black Friday deals it seems like a good time to watch for a new keyboard. I don't mind spending some bucks on something quality for how often I get a new keyboard, but I'm unsure where to even start.

Thanks for any ideas.

Solution
Black Friday is usually a good time to grab a new keyboard. Got a Logitech G510S for $25 at Best Buy when it normally retailed around $100. I wouldn't try to find anything before hand as you won't know what will be on sale until it gets pretty close to the sale so instead I would look for features that you may want such as RGB/Mechanical Keys/etc and as Black Friday approaches keep an eye out on pricing. If you live near a Microcenter they should have some good sales.

WildCard999

Titan
Black Friday is usually a good time to grab a new keyboard. Got a Logitech G510S for $25 at Best Buy when it normally retailed around $100. I wouldn't try to find anything before hand as you won't know what will be on sale until it gets pretty close to the sale so instead I would look for features that you may want such as RGB/Mechanical Keys/etc and as Black Friday approaches keep an eye out on pricing. If you live near a Microcenter they should have some good sales.

Solution

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Most expensive I saw so far was under $200. That's seems a bit crazy for a keyboard, but it also seems like it allows the keys to move as if they have different kinds of actuators (right word???). If the right keyboard was under $200, I'd go for that. RGB isn't a requirement for me. I currently don't have a wireless mouse or keyboard, so that's not a requirement, though I could be persuaded to consider that important. It would be a gaming keyboard first, and a typing keyboard second. I live outside of the twin cities near the MN/WI border, so Microcenter isn't close, but I've shopped there before. I would say I live far enough away that it wouldn't make sense for me to drive all of the way there for just a keyboard, unless I was out that way for some other reason.

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Well, the G.Skill KM360 will do you good. It has Cherry MX Reds and is tenkeyless. Unless you really need the Numpad, this keyboard will be perfect for you. It's white and is backlit (not RGB, white backlight).