Need a new Laptop

Indysgz

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
So I'm looking into buying a new laptop, having built a gaming pc a while back I gave my laptop to a family member to use. However being a university student I realised I still need a laptop for everyday use,lectures etc. However I also want to be able to play some games on it as well. My budget is £250-300, I know it's not a lot but I just want to be able to play some games, mainly dota 2,so nothing to graphically demanding. I have been looking around but nothing has really caught my eye yet. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Indysgz

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I feel like I put too much emphasis on the whole gaming aspect of the laptop. I don't need it specifically for gaming but would like to run some games on the go. However I mainly need it for the portability, the ability to work on the go, video playback, internet browsing checking mail etc. I can go as far as £350 which I hope is a bit more helpful. I like the laptop shown above however it's a bit on the bulky side for me.
Been looking around a bit and have found this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/579806-asus-x551ca-laptop-x551ca-sx153h
What do you all think of it? Worth going for?

EthanPark

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
If you just want to play dota and similar level games, that budget should be fine. Unless you want to be doing serious multitasking, I think you can get away with 4GB RAM with an AMD processor to shave off some of that premium Intel pricing. I personally think the Acer Aspire V5-552-8404 15.6-Inch Laptop should suffice while on a Spartan budget. It has a VERY nice GPU for the price, very positive feedback from customers & editors, very light, attractive, AND it doesn't add unnecessary costs with fluff like a 1TB hard drive that you probably won't need (which is also the easiest component to upgrade or back up with an external anyway) or RAM you won't need (just don't run dota, Outlook, and a bunch of web pages with flash running all at once or you might experience some slowdown; but that goes without saying, and you can also easily upgrade RAM to 6-8GB should you desire in the future). Just my two cent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271395918357?lpid=82