[SOLVED] Need a new monitor. My 1440p 144hz monitor seems to be too good for my system.

Dec 16, 2020
All I want is buttery smooth gameplay in any game I play. I feel like an RTX 2080 and i7 9700k should do the trick, but for some reason, any game that runs under 144FPS isn't buttery smooth. I have FreeSync enabled but I just want another monitor. I want a 1080p but I don't know how many HZ I should buy for my other monitor. I am reading that 60 hz is sometimes unbearable. But I am deciding on whether 120 or 144hz is the way to go for my new monitor.

Overall, I just want a monitor that will be buttery smooth at any games that run at or above 60 fps. I have been trying for so long to find that.
Also, anything under 90 FPS, my monitor starts to flicker out of control and I get sick because of the flickering.

Thanks.

This doesn’t sound like a monitor problem, changing the monitor may not help. What’s the full pc spec and exact monitor you are using now? What games are you running and what settings? What FPS are you getting in each game?

Run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.

Dec 16, 2020
This doesn’t sound like a monitor problem, changing the monitor may not help. What’s the full pc spec and exact monitor you are using now? What games are you running and what settings? What FPS are you getting in each game?

Run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.
I can't use userbenchmark. The GPU test fails everytime I use it and then it aborts the whole process. Could you help me with that?

Dec 16, 2020
Please provide full pc spec. Are the gpu and motherboard drivers up to date? Do you have any other problems?
Yes, all my drivers are up to date. I have a RTX 2080, intel i7 9700k, Kingston A400 480GB , DDR4 32gb of ram, Z390 msi gaming pro, and a 1440p 144hz monitor. I am trying to figure out why userbenchmark doesn't currently work and Ill get back to you tmmrw. Thank you so much.