Need a new sound card

G

I recently upgraded the GPU on my gaming PC from an Asus GTX 770 to an Asus GTX 970. The motherboard that I have is an Asus Maximus VI Hero. However, while I was upgrading the GPU, one of the RCA ports on my THX-certified Creative Sound Blaster Titanium X-Fi HD card came loose when I was disconnecting the cables. The manufacturer can't do anything about it. As an interim solution, I may use my THX-certified Sound Blaster X-Fi Go Pro USB sound card and replace the internal card this spring or early summer. Originally I was going to have my gaming PC function as my home theater and stereo, so I invested in THX-certified speakers and the sound card. However, this past summer I hooked up my PC to a Panasonic home theater system and had to deactivate most of the audio enhancements on the sound card to avoid audio distortion on the home theater speakers. It is possible that I will be getting a new home theater system this summer. If that is the case, I do not see the point in investing in such a high end sound card if most of the audio enhancements will be processed through the home theater system. Even though I may hook up my PC to a home theater system, I would still like to have an internal or external sound card that will provide surround sound capability for gaming and work well with listening to music at various EQ and audio settings, in case I have to hook up the card to computer speakers or headphones, either minimize or eliminate the audio processing stress on my CPU, and cost around $100 or less. Thanks in advance.

Solution
why the heck did you spend $$ on a sound card and spend extra $$ on the ROG motherboard? The only real difference between those ASUS ROG boards and the rest of the ASUS lineup is the high end on board sound cards they come with.

The human ear cannot hear the difference in audio fidelity between pretty much all mid to high end sound cards, and the card on your motherboard is definitely a high end card.

Don't waste another dime, use the onboard sound.
why the heck did you spend $$ on a sound card and spend extra $$ on the ROG motherboard? The only real difference between those ASUS ROG boards and the rest of the ASUS lineup is the high end on board sound cards they come with.

The human ear cannot hear the difference in audio fidelity between pretty much all mid to high end sound cards, and the card on your motherboard is definitely a high end card.

Don't waste another dime, use the onboard sound.

Solution

jeff_35

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
realtek on board is good for ear buds.
i bought a Sbz for 82. i love it. it rocks and sound a lot better
if onboard was good then i could hook up 3 stereo cables to the jacks and my receiver would have surround sound. not so . speaker fill isn't the same.

TRENDING THREADS