Question Need a PSU to replace my CX600M Corsair, quick thoughts?

scottreasbeck

Reputable
Apr 16, 2018
Hi my fan is simply getting noisy, had this one long time so might as well get a new one. I'm thinking maybe the same size-ish from the EVGA GQ series or Corsair RM or TX series to keep the price within a budget. I don't need over the top but I do like the idea of a slightly better bearing fan set. Thnx.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
These are all good units.
Regarding your CX650M, is it the green variant or the grey one? Grey units are more reliable, so if yours is green then an upgrade is recommended. However, if it is still under warranty, you may be able to get a replacement or even a refund.

scottreasbeck

Reputable
Apr 16, 2018
These are all good units.
Regarding your CX650M, is it the green variant or the grey one? Grey units are more reliable, so if yours is green then an upgrade is recommended. However, if it is still under warranty, you may be able to get a replacement or even a refund.

The CX and M are green colored and the 600 is white letters. I have had it for over 3 years for sure. I would think its an older model. It doesn't owe me any favors for sure.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
I guess it is out of warranty now, unfortunately. After all, it is a working unit, you can use it for troubleshooting in the future.
Also, I can recommend Seasonic Focus+ series because those are fully modular and usually have 10 years warranty.