Need a recommendation.

Andreuha

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
In short, problem is the PSU. had same problem (instability) before, and again it's the (cheapo) PSU.

Don't want to spend very much, but don't want a POS either. Something that'll run as it should until I decide to trash it or an upgrade required a new one.
400watt minimum.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you need an inexpensive, high quality 400W PSU, I suggest a Fortron Source 350W unit. That's right, they put out better voltage stability at 400W than most 400W power supplies, Fortron Source power supplies are underated so they'll have pleanty of headroom, increasing their reputation.

But if you can't bring yourself to buy that, I suggest a much more expensive Fortron Source 400W.

Sparkle Power and Aopen also sell Fortron Source power supplies, look for the model numbers starting with FSP, you might find better prices under these brands.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Andreuha

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
I just saw a good deal on EBay of all places..
Supposedly very lightly used/new condition Enermax EG465P-VE, sniped the auction at $50
Should see it for myself in a few days.

Did I do good?

pacoweaz

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
I just ordered a Thermaltake Xaser Silent Purepower 480W. This cost me about $60. I hear it is supposed to be pretty good. I should receive mine on Wednesday.

GA-7VT600-L MOBO
Athlon XP 1600+
RAM 1Gb Kingston PC2700
GF4 MX440 64Mb DDR
120Gb Samsung 7200 RPM
60Gb Maxtor 5400RPM
Fortissimo III
Logitech Z640's
WinXP Home