Question Need a rig or laptop recommondations for playing x265 @1080p

Vulmaro

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
Hello,

I am from a 3rd world country so my budget is limited up to 400$. Components or Laptops I can reach here are also limited on the market so, it would be more helpful if you can recommend me more than one option.

I was thinking about a rig capeable of playing x265 1080/24p videos with no throttles. I will be encoding/converting videos using "HandBrake" software from time to time. Also, I am using Corel Video studio, with very basic skills for ametaur intentions. So anything that goes beyond those capebalities would be overkill for me, I won't be doing something else other than that.

My monitor is 49" 60Hz FullHD LED TV. (Even If I go for a laptop, I will be using it through my TV so the resolution will be upscaled to 1080p and I'd intend to keep it that way. And I will never go beyond 1080p)

So basically, depending on the range of components, I might go for a Laptop instead of building myself a desktop. I will compare and then consider my options in regards to that. Now I have Windows 10, WD 120gb green ssd and 2.5" 320gb sata 2 hdd with Laptop DVD-RW to SSD/HDD adapter which have no use. I would probably stick to DDR3 RAMs to save some money. There are FreeDos laptops on sale here with low end Celerons and low storage eMMC units.