[SOLVED] Need a solid ATX B550 board for a ryzen 3600 build

SeanGillespie

Honorable
Mar 12, 2015
Making a system consisting of a Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2060.

Heard B550M is the way to go because if i wanted to upgrade the cpu to the Ryzen 5 series i wouldnt have to purchase a new board.

Im in the uk and only want to spend around 120 pounds, any good recommendations? if so please may you send links my way as well.

Solution
you can run the 5000 series on a b450 board as well. it just takes a BIOS update.

i have a b450 GB aorus pro and love it. i'd assume the 500 series is just as good. i saw a lot of b450 boards on sale on amazon. for instance this is a solid choice and pretty cheap right now

i see a lot of b550 boards under 120 pounds if you are willing to go with a mATX board. but atx ones are above what you are looking to spend.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can run the 5000 series on a b450 board as well. it just takes a BIOS update.

i have a b450 GB aorus pro and love it. i'd assume the 500 series is just as good. i saw a lot of b450 boards on sale on amazon. for instance this is a solid choice and pretty cheap right now

i see a lot of b550 boards under 120 pounds if you are willing to go with a mATX board. but atx ones are above what you are looking to spend.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution

SeanGillespie

Honorable
Mar 12, 2015

does that motherboard support ryzen 3000 series right out of the box though?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yes the max boards will work out of the box with 3000 series. as will the GB Aorus boards. i've used both of these multiple times and yet have had to update the bios first.

i did not link the 550 boards due to being above the budget stated, but as you can see there are plenty of options if you wish to spend another 20 bucks or so above the 120 you posted above.