Need a Sound Card with Better DAC than Creative Recon3D

HyeVltg3

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2013
I'm a sad owner of the Sound Blaster Recon3d Fatality sound card.

Its bad, really bad at converting all my digital sources to my analog speakers.
I have to tweak so much some times and even have times where magically the setting that works, break overtime.

I'm looking for an upgrade without having to deplete the bank too much.
Today (Dec.14th) is my b-day and I was going to present myself with a better easier to use music and game experience.
~~~Its my birthday and I'll buy if I want to, Buuuyy if I want to~~~

So far the candidate (yes only 1)
is the Sound Blaster Creative Zx.
Is this a good choice, going with the Zx because the little audio control can come in handy, currently using 2 3.5mm jack 10ft extensions so I dont need to always reach to the back of the tower to move my headset from PC to other sources.

The Sound cards MUST have Digital (toslink) to Analog.
I'd jump on the Asus Xonars, but so far haven't read anything about a Toslink to Analog I/O (unless they do?)

Thank you.

Solution
The audio control mechanism only changes the MIC in though. Other than that, I would only go for the Sound Blaster Z, its cheaper and the same performance. For ultra, then go with the Sound Blaster ZxR. It has dual, separate, sound processors for the best performance.

Nuclear101

Honorable
The audio control mechanism only changes the MIC in though. Other than that, I would only go for the Sound Blaster Z, its cheaper and the same performance. For ultra, then go with the Sound Blaster ZxR. It has dual, separate, sound processors for the best performance.

Solution