[SOLVED] need a upgraded cpu

Jan 27, 2019
I currently have this rig
CPU- amd fx8350 vishera
Ram- 8.00GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 665Mhz
Motherboard- ASrock 760GM-HDV
GPU- HTC 1050ti EVGA
Storage- 931GB Hitachi
I saw that this motherboard could support Intel i7 7th core ? I'm not completely sure, I need the most efficient way to upgrade from here I have a cool Master Case that can support 3 front fans and 1 back one all mesh filtered.

Jan 27, 2019
So if i go to get a new mother board anything I can scrap from this build besides the gpu like the power cords for motherboard or storage, and yes I'm stuck with this rig don't know what to do from here

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Solution
You already have the best CPU for that motherboard. If you feel 8gb ram isn't enough you could upgrade to 16gb but I don't see the point.

A new setup will involve CPU/motherboard/DDR4 system ram. You should be able to bring over everything else. Since you're using a standard case(not pre-built) the new parts should fit right in. The rest of your old components should be reusable, although you'll need to reinstall Windows.

Alternatively you could buy an older Intel i7 CPU and motherboard, old enough to use DDR3 ram(Sandy Bridge to Haswell). That way you can even reuse your system ram. The downside is you'll have older, used parts and who knows how long they'll last. Plus, it might not save you much money depending on how much the parts cost you.