Need a USB Enclosurer for 2.5 1TB SATA drive?

bengal313

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Bought a used 2.5 SATA 1TB hard drive. It came out of a Seagate Goflex USB portable HD.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/external-hard-drive/portable-hard-drive

I want to buy a USB enclosure for that. The drive is a bit thicker than your normal 2.5 drives. So most on ebay a will not fit and are made for drive 500GB or less. Tried contacting Seagate, no luck. Can someone recommend an enclosure that will fit this drive?

Thanx

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Newegg has about 75 listed but in a quick search I didn't find any that specifically said they would work with 12mm drives. You can search all of their listings, maybe call them and ask. If you have a frys or microcenter nearby you could go to look at them in person.

I would think if you searched ebay carefully you could find one that would fit, but it might take a lot of searching. I know that some manufacturers do make them for their own products that have higher capacity drives in them.

bengal313

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
Yeah I looked all over ebay. Most, if not all say max 500GB. And looking at the picture the enclosures are too small. I think the best solution would be to take it to the local Microcenter.