[SOLVED] Need a way to tell if card can run a program

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
I am trying to find something, a chart or whatever, that tells me where my graphics card rates compared to whatever is listed in Minimum and Recommended Requirements for a program but no luck.
Also how to tell if it is possible to run a program even when your card is below specs. I did that once with a program, the video card I had was below minimum specs but was not that far down and still was able to run the program.

Solution
The program is called Ready or Not but is not out yet, not expected until last quarter of 2020.
Say minimum video needed is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB
Mine is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750TI 2GB
I figure no but like I said, there was that one program back around 2012 that came out, the video card I had then was below minimum specs yet I could run the program fine.
You kind of answered your own question.
Things could change and the game could be optimized and run on systems below the minimum requirements.
If your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, you will have to wait and see if you get lucky again and are able to run it...otherwise you will have to upgrade.
The specs are provided by the game/program devs, so they can have some wiggle room to them. Its not an exact science, some programs run fine on lower spec hardware, others dont run right on any hardware.
Overall, you just have to compare it on a per case basis.

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
The program is called Ready or Not but is not out yet, not expected until last quarter of 2020.
I figure no but like I said, there was that one program back around 2012 that came out, the video card I had then was below minimum specs yet I could run the program fine.

You kind of answered your own question.
Things could change and the game could be optimized and run on systems below the minimum requirements.
If your PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements, you will have to wait and see if you get lucky again and are able to run it...otherwise you will have to upgrade.

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
"Minimum System Requirements" do not mean your system will not run the program. It just means that if you are experiencing issues, the development/support team does not have to go any further than saying, "upgrade". As stated above, some programs will work just fine. Others will have issues.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS