[SOLVED] Need additional fans and I'm not sure what to buy

Jul 14, 2019
I built my system quite a while ago and I said I'd improve it's cooling, but I always forgot to save some money for some fans. I think it's time to do it.

My case is a Fractal Design Define S. I've used it's stock fans both in front. I bought a cheap fan to put in the back to fill the void of the stock one ( I don't even remember what fan it is, it looks like this : View: https://imgur.com/kChphsx
). My Cpu is cooled by a Deepcool Maelstrom 240mm AIO watercooler. I'm thinking of putting a 140mm fan on the bottom of the case and an additional 140mm in the front. I don't know if I can create a neutral pressure in this system.

And as for the fans, I'm not sure what to choose. I basically wanna go as cheap as possible as I don't think I really need all that expensive fans. I've looked at the Arctic F14/ F14 silent fan, they are just perfect for my budget. I just don't know if it would be worth going for noctuas or what not. And I don't care about RGB fans.. too expensive tbh.

TLDR.
1. For pushing air out: 120mm cheap fan in the back, 240mm AIO cooler on top,
For pulling air in: the stock fans in front. I'm not sure if buying 1 fan or buying 2 fans would be wealthier for the sytem in terms of dust build up.
2. Is the Arctic F14 good enough to do the job ?

Solution
Since you're working with a Fractal-Design chassis, I'd ask you to get fans made by Fractal-Design. If you are going to add the fans to the AIO, look for high static pressure fans like the Venturi's. If you want case airflow with no restrictive fan grills, then you should look at high CFM fans.

Regarding the size, I'd stick to all 120mm fans or all 140mm fans, not mixing and matching fans in a chassis. Helps with the RPM's as well as amount of air moved(in and out of the chassis).

Lutfij

Titan
Since you're working with a Fractal-Design chassis, I'd ask you to get fans made by Fractal-Design. If you are going to add the fans to the AIO, look for high static pressure fans like the Venturi's. If you want case airflow with no restrictive fan grills, then you should look at high CFM fans.

Regarding the size, I'd stick to all 120mm fans or all 140mm fans, not mixing and matching fans in a chassis. Helps with the RPM's as well as amount of air moved(in and out of the chassis).

Solution