Need admin tool.s on WinXP workstation off Win2K server

Which admintools (Adminpak.msi) do I need to install on a Win2K
workstation running off a Win2K domain controller? I know there is a
Adminpak.msi on the Win2K CD, but I haven't checked my WinXP volume
licence CD yet.

For Windows 2000, the one on the Windows 2000 Server CD will be fine
although to get the latest version you should use adminpak.msi from Windows
2000 SP4.

For an XP machine, download this version of the tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&DisplayLang=en

"Pat Coghlan" <coghlan@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Which admintools (Adminpak.msi) do I need to install on a Win2K
> workstation running off a Win2K domain controller? I know there is a
> Adminpak.msi on the Win2K CD, but I haven't checked my WinXP volume
> licence CD yet.

I tried installing the one on the SP4 CD.

First, I get a message that it is not compatible with WinXP (although it
allows me to continue with the installation).

Once installed, if I try to run Users and Groups, it tells me that the
snap-in fails to initialize.

Is there another option?

Simon Geary wrote:

> For Windows 2000, the one on the Windows 2000 Server CD will be fine
> although to get the latest version you should use adminpak.msi from Windows
> 2000 SP4.
>
> For an XP machine, download this version of the tools
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c16ae515-c8f4-47ef-a1e4-a8dcbacff8e3&DisplayLang=en
>
> "Pat Coghlan" <coghlan@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Which admintools (Adminpak.msi) do I need to install on a Win2K
>>workstation running off a Win2K domain controller? I know there is a
>>Adminpak.msi on the Win2K CD, but I haven't checked my WinXP volume
>>licence CD yet.

TRENDING THREADS