Need advice about a new build

Jun 3, 2018
So i run 2 pc setup for streams, everything is actually good except that my stream pc with I5 2500k is having problems, i usually see crashes when i turn on obs for like 5-15 mins after a restart, after that it works fine for as long as it can, last crash was when i was just using my browser.

here's the thing, my gaming pc runs on an I7 6800k and honestly its still a beast, i dont see a reason to upgrade it, im thinking of getting an ryzen 7 2700x, gaming is number 1 for me, the 2700x is a bit better than the i7 6800k.
so what should i do? move the i7 to the stream pc and get the 2700x for gaming or just upgrade the stream pc with the 2700x?

Solution
The SSD manufacturer should have a tool to check the health of the drive. I would do a clean OS install and see if your problem persists. A lot cheaper than new hardware.
Jun 3, 2018

actually it might be just the ssd going kaput, the os sits on it and everything else, plus im not so sure the cpu is healthy anymore, its a "classified" batch of the i5 2500k that was overclocked to 5hz or 5.5hz cant remember, im running it stock.

Jun 3, 2018

well ill check it and get back to tell the results, thanks