[SOLVED] Need advice choosing a psu

Apr 30, 2019
Hello, i am looking to get a psu for my workplace setup (at least 500W). If it's relevant the PC will be doing a lot of rendering and editing.

Some of the available models:
XFX XT500
EVGA 500 br
Thermaltake Smart SE 530
Cooler Master MWE 500 (my choice as of now)

If none of the listed are reliable enough, then a bit over my limit there are:
Antec Neo Eco 550C
Silverstone ET550B
Seasonic S12II 520
Cooler Master MWE 550

What are the rest of your parts?
Any requirement over a minimal 300w is usually determined by your graphics card.

Try to buy at least a tier 3 unit from a list such as this:

For an income producing workplace, I think it is folly to go cheap on a component like a power supply.

See if you can't afford a Seasonic focus psu.

Apr 30, 2019
What are the rest of your parts?
Any requirement over a minimal 300w is usually determined by your graphics card.

Try to buy at least a tier 3 unit from a list such as this:

For an income producing workplace, I think it is folly to go cheap on a component like a power supply.

See if you can't afford a Seasonic focus psu.
I have an Amd X4 880k, GTX 970, 2x 8 GB RAM and 3 hard drives.

Also i am not paying for electricity there, it's like a studio that gives it's workers space but we bring what we need to do our thing. I guess what i meant to say with 'workplace' is that it doesn't need to be fancy, modular...or quiet.

As for the tiers, that is very helpful. There's a Fractal Design integra m listed that's available here, and also the XFX XT i already had. Though there is a 30 euro gap between them.

Yeah the Focus is too expensive.

Apr 30, 2019
Which Video card are you actually having ? List the model of the GPU, along with full PC spec. So, I assume you are building a non-gaming PC ?
It's a Gigabyte GTX 970 twin turbo, 2x 8Gb 2133 RAM, Amd X4 880k, 3x HDD and couple of usb devices attached. No overclock on anything. Yeah it's not a gaming rig, for video editing and Photoshop.