[SOLVED] Need advice choosing between screens

Frindis

Reputable
Nov 29, 2020
Greetings community,

I'm unsure which one to choose: 165Mhz Svive 35" Curved (3840x1440 ) or 165Mhz Asus Tuf VG27AQ (2560x1440) - Both links from the products homepage.

• I don't have any experience with either, but from what I have read both seem to be good quality screens.
  • I don't mind the picture being too big, but at the same time, I will be sitting maybe one meter away from the screen roughly.
  • The refresh rate is not that important, since I mostly play RPG games, like Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Metro Exodus.
  • The price for the screens is roughly the same since I have a 15% discount on Svive products through my retailer.
  • Does not matter if it is curved or not, since I am used to both.
  • I have Nvidia Graphics card.
Perhaps some of you have experience with them /want to share some thoughts to help me out;)

My rig (in case that would be of help)

RTX 3070 Phalit Geforce GamingPro OC
Phanteks Eclipse P500 RGB Air
Corsair H100x
MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU
WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 SSD
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB x2
ASUS PCE-AC68
Windows 10 Home

Last edited:
Solution
I was recently shopping for the exact same specs you are shopping for now. a 1440p 27 inch IPS or 34 inch ultrawide. I'll get this out of the way first, with your hardware either monitor will work well. What I found out during my research was the ultrawides are harder to run. I was looking at 1440p benchmarks, but didn't realize that there are separate 1440p benchmarks for Ultrawides. So performance will be different. How different? From what I have seen in benchmarks a 1440p ultrawide falls somewhere in between 2560x1440 and 3840x2160, but closer to 1440p respectively. These monitors are completely different, so it is difficult finding comparisons. I see a lot of 27 inch 4k vs 34 1440p ultrawide comparisons, but not the specs we are...

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
I was recently shopping for the exact same specs you are shopping for now. a 1440p 27 inch IPS or 34 inch ultrawide. I'll get this out of the way first, with your hardware either monitor will work well. What I found out during my research was the ultrawides are harder to run. I was looking at 1440p benchmarks, but didn't realize that there are separate 1440p benchmarks for Ultrawides. So performance will be different. How different? From what I have seen in benchmarks a 1440p ultrawide falls somewhere in between 2560x1440 and 3840x2160, but closer to 1440p respectively. These monitors are completely different, so it is difficult finding comparisons. I see a lot of 27 inch 4k vs 34 1440p ultrawide comparisons, but not the specs we are talking about here. So to help make your decision you should watch seperate reviews and compare their features, performace on your own. Also, look at reviews for comparative monitors in each class so you know what to expect from either or. Manufatureres seem to be focused on 27 inch penels so these will generally come with better specs. In conclusion I found with the money I wanted to spend (or was willing to spend on an ultrawide) I was able to get a 27 inch monitor with better specs, but I play a mixture or RPG and FPS. I really wanted the cinematic experience of 21:9, but I figure when ultrawides come with better specs and performance for the price I will do that.

Reactions: Frindis
Solution

TRENDING THREADS