[SOLVED] Need advice choosing good 1080p monitor

Solution
how about this one bro..
Asus - VP247H

i think max 75hz is enough for me.

my final thoughts between these two monitors.
Asus VZ249H or Asus VP247H

I can't speak on the VZ249H, but my son had a VP247H-P on his PC. I don't think there's much difference between the VP247H and the VP247H-P, but I am not 100% certain.

It was an excellent monitor with a very crisp, clear display, and he and I were both very happy with it. The display was sharp, and even though it was a TN monitor, the clarity reminded me more of an IPS.

I would highly recommend it.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, I'm personally a fan of larger monitors, and had a 27 inch monitor when I was running 1920x1080.

HOWEVER.... if at all possible, if there's a shop near you that has a large number of monitors on display (there is a Microcenter about 40 minutes from me), then I would VERY strongly urge you to go there and see with your own eyes.

What I might think looks great, you might not like. You can go with reviews, and they ARE very helpful, but if at all possible, see the monitors in person.

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
I think anything over 23-24 is overkill. I had two 27' 1080[ monitor's before and I could see a bunch of the lines inside the monitor. But really since you are upgrading from a 720p monitor I think any of the ones that you listed will do just fine. If I had to pick I would go with the LG since it's a good size and has an IPS panel which will look really nice for games and movies. If you play a lot of fps games I would go for a 144hz monitor and sacrifice the ips panel.

neo-7

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
What I might think looks great, you might not like. You can go with reviews, and they ARE very helpful, but if at all possible, see the monitors in person.
Problem is, there are very very few local shops in my city, most of them doesn't have those monitors. my only choice is to buy from online stores.

neo-7

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
If I had to pick I would go with the LG since it's a good size and has an IPS panel which will look really nice for games and movies. If you play a lot of fps games I would go for a 144hz monitor and sacrifice the ips panel.
that lg has high amount of complaints in online compared to others, i put it in my last choice.
i like the asus one, very suitable for watching films and doing coding work. but it has 60hz display...does it suitable for good gaming experience too ?

i read that gaming monitors 144hz, 75hz, 1ms monitors only good for gaming. is that right ?

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
that lg has high amount of complaints in online compared to others, i put it in my last choice.
i like the asus one, very suitable for watching films and doing coding work. but it has 60hz display...does it suitable for good gaming experience too ?

i read that gaming monitors 144hz, 75hz, 1ms monitors only good for gaming. is that right ?

If you play fps games then you differently want a 144hz or higher monitor. Normally you need to sacrifice how nice the panel looks to get that at a decent price. I looked around on amazon https://www.amazon.in/Acer-KG241QP-...&qid=1550089111&sr=8-5&keywords=144hz+monitor and it's about 3k more than the LG. It's a really good monitor for the price though, in usd I think it's about $213 which isn't bad considering how much more everything costs over there.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I disagree - super-high frame rates that are faster than a person can see and react aren't necessary for smoothness.

To each their own, but if 144Hz costs way more than a 75Hz monitor of the same quality and resolution, then go for the 75Hz.

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
I disagree - super-high frame rates that are faster than a person can see and react aren't necessary for smoothness.

To each their own, but if 144Hz costs way more than a 75Hz monitor of the same quality and resolution, then go for the 75Hz.
I really think you have no logic if you think 144hz isn't noticeable. Anywhere that you go online it will say you can tell the difference between 60 and 144 So, I don't see why you are feeding OP lies when there are you know.... Actual people that play fps games and other fast pace games that say and think otherwise that have more authority than some random person saying it doesn't matter.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I really think you have no logic if you think 144hz isn't noticeable. Anywhere that you go online it will say you can tell the difference between 60 and 144 So, I don't see why you are feeding OP lies when there are you know.... Actual people that play fps games and other fast pace games that say and think otherwise that have more authority than some random person saying it doesn't matter.

"Anywhere online" . . "people that play fps games and other fast pace games that say and think otherwise" - That's anecdotal. That's not study, that's not evidence. That's just what they believe. And yet a believer in that, whom I personally know, who thought 144Hz was needed because he could tell, with a simple test that he himself devised, eventually admitted that he couldn't tell the difference between 100, 120, and 144.

If you read articles regarding the human eye on the other hand, it's not so cut and dry. Also, if I recall correctly, they had gamers try out the same games at various different refresh rates, without telling them what refresh rate they were playing at, and the results were less definitive than you'd like to believe. Contrary to what you'd like to think, there's nothing wrong with my logic.

But even excluding all that, the OP has a limited budget. What's the point of telling OP to spend on a higher refresh monitor if that puts it beyond affordability?

EDIT: beyond that, what's the point if the video card (an unknown quantity at the moment) can't keep up frame rates like that?

Further still, as stated by the OP: he wants a "good monitor for occasional gaming/web designing/watching films/surfing the web"

Last edited:

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
"Anywhere online" . . "people that play fps games and other fast pace games that say and think otherwise" - That's anecdotal. That's not study, that's not evidence. That's just what they believe. And yet a believer in that, whom I personally know, who thought 144Hz was needed because he could tell, with a simple test that he himself devised, eventually admitted that he couldn't tell the difference between 100, 120, and 144.

If you read articles regarding the human eye on the other hand, it's not so cut and dry. Also, if I recall correctly, they had gamers try out the same games at various different refresh rates, without telling them what refresh rate they were playing at, and the results were less definitive than you'd like to believe. Contrary to what you'd like to think, there's nothing wrong with my logic.

But even excluding all that, the OP has a limited budget. What's the point of telling OP to spend on a higher refresh monitor if that puts it beyond affordability?

EDIT: beyond that, what's the point if the video card (an unknown quantity at the moment) can't keep up frame rates like that?

Further still, as stated by the OP: he wants a "good monitor for occasional gaming/web designing/watching films/surfing the web"
LOL. Anyone that actually uses a 144hz or higher monitor says right away that they can tell a difference. I doubt you have any personal experience using one. Any fps player or anyone that plays fast pace games is going to recommend upgrading to a 144hz monitor first. The whole eye thing is what dumb people say to con people into not upgrading

neo-7

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

how about this one bro..
Asus - VP247H

neo-7

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
If you play fps games then you differently want a 144hz or higher monitor. Normally you need to sacrifice how nice the panel looks to get that at a decent price.

No my friend, i'm looking for a monitor for both gaming & working purpose.
i'm a casual gamer, i'm not into competitive gaming. so max 75hz would be good enough for me, i think.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
LOL. Anyone that actually uses a 144hz or higher monitor says right away that they can tell a difference. I doubt you have any personal experience using one. Any fps player or anyone that plays fast pace games is going to recommend upgrading to a 144hz monitor first. The whole eye thing is what dumb people say to con people into not upgrading

Uh huh, right. You're right, scientists are dumb. The scientists, along with the rest of us are just intentionally trying to mislead people.

Don't get angry with me and start with insults because you can't back what you claim with anything more than hearsay and belief.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
how about this one bro..
Asus - VP247H

I can't speak on the VZ249H, but my son had a VP247H-P on his PC. I don't think there's much difference between the VP247H and the VP247H-P, but I am not 100% certain.

It was an excellent monitor with a very crisp, clear display, and he and I were both very happy with it. The display was sharp, and even though it was a TN monitor, the clarity reminded me more of an IPS.

Solution

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
Uh huh, right. You're right, scientists are dumb. The scientists, along with the rest of us are just intentionally trying to mislead people.

Don't get angry with me and start with insults because you can't back what you claim with anything more than hearsay and belief.
I'm not harassing you. You just make zero sense.

I'll just say this. Regardless what scientists say etc. I have been on PC's for about 20 years. I've worked in IT for 10 years. Started out as a kid gaming. I finally just made the jump to a higher refresh rate monitor around Christmas time.

I could tell the difference the minute I plugged in the monitor and moved the mouse across the screen. The cursor even went more smoothly across the screen. Playing games etc at higher refresh rates is great.

You don't NEED high refresh rates, but it sure is nice!

neo-7

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

i think there's no difference at all.
design seems old, but i all i heard was positive reviews. so i'm going for it.
but unfortunately only one seller has this monitor, i've searched local shops. but no hope.

anyway thanks guys.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'll just say this. Regardless what scientists say etc. I have been on PC's for about 20 years. I've worked in IT for 10 years. Started out as a kid gaming. I finally just made the jump to a higher refresh rate monitor around Christmas time.

I could tell the difference the minute I plugged in the monitor and moved the mouse across the screen. The cursor even went more smoothly across the screen. Playing games etc at higher refresh rates is great.

You don't NEED high refresh rates, but it sure is nice!

What was your previous monitor's refresh rate, and what is your new monitor's refresh rate?

neo-7

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
i have bought new monitor today,
HP 25x (3WL50AA).

VP247H is not available in my location & i tried to buy VG248QE, but endup buying hp 25x.
i wont regret this, as this one supports freesync. it works well, colors seems very good.

thank you guys:love:

Reactions: King_V