[SOLVED] Need advice for cleaning my pc. Should I unplug my pc when using compressed air? And should I remove the mobo to clean behind it?

spyguy

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
I read that compressed air can cause problems if the pc is plugged in even while off. Interestingly last year I noticed a tiny bit of corrosion on my gpu. I cleaned it off with 91% alcohol really good and its been probably six months and the card performs optimally and with no heating problems and the corrosion never returned. Should I unplug the pc every time I use compressed air? Can dust build up behind the mobo eventually become an issue? Im a little bit worried about the prospect of shorting out a mobo trying to take it off and clean behind it.

Solution
Yeah unplug it before cleaning it.
And no do not remove the motherboard.
If you really want to clean behind the notherboard just remove the back panel of the case.
Also dust behind mobo can't become an issue as far as I know. And I never had an issue.

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
Yeah unplug it before cleaning it.
And no do not remove the motherboard.
If you really want to clean behind the notherboard just remove the back panel of the case.
Also dust behind mobo can't become an issue as far as I know. And I never had an issue.

Solution