[SOLVED] Need advice for CPU upgrade

Mar 13, 2020
Hello. I think that my current CPU wastes a lot of potential of my GPU but the best CPU compatible with my motherboard in reasonable price is i7-4770K (i believe) so here is my question. Is it worth to buy new Ryzen 3600 or something similar with all the motherboard and DDR4 rams or just get used 4770K, do some OC stuff and it will be enough? Is it really worth paying like 3 times more for the whole setup upgrade?

My setup:
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU: i5-4670 3.40Ghz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
PS: Thermaltake Smart SE 630W
RAM: 2x8GB Kingston DDR3 1 332 MHz

Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/spy/12966227

Solution
It would have to be sub-$100 with the mainboard and RAM to be worthy of consideration, what with the R3-3300X and B450/550 mainboard's being much higher performing and readily available for $240-ish (combo)
For about $100 used on ebay, you essentially get 4 more threads.
That, plus the ability to overclock makes the upgrade a reasonable choice.
Particularly for multiplayer games.
I would give it a shot so long as your expectations are modest.

Whatever you buy, you can sell if you ultimately want to upgrade to current gen parts.

Jul 20, 2020
i need some help aswell im running atm i5-3570k with 1070 ti and im planning to upradge my cpu. I mostly do gaming or watch movies and stuff like that with my pc so not anything like video editing etc. Any suggestions for cpu to run with 1070ti?

Thank you for any help.

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for all answers. I found MSI B450 gaming plus max for decent price so I decided to go for whole setup upgrade. Is my PS enough to power that or i should look for that one too?

Thanks for all answers. I found MSI B450 gaming plus max for decent price so I decided to go for whole setup upgrade. Is my PS enough to power that or i should look for that one too?

Wonderful choice! As mentioned above, it is a hard sell to put money into that platform. Use as is or upgrade are your two choices from a financial point of view. Even just upgrading to a 4770k, doesn't mean it ends there, PSU was brought up, possible cooling issues. Spend some money on those and then you'll be scratching your head as to why you didn't just upgrade.

i need some help aswell im running atm i5-3570k with 1070 ti and im planning to upradge my cpu. I mostly do gaming or watch movies and stuff like that with my pc so not anything like video editing etc. Any suggestions for cpu to run with 1070ti?

Thank you for any help.

Depends on your budget really. Mainstream platform upgrades currently take you through Ryzen 3600 + B550 motherboard + 3200mhz ram (2x8gb = 16gb). This set up will work well for you at a reasonable price.