[SOLVED] Need advice for GPU

Otterabove

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
Hi there,

Got a Ryzen 5 2400 for my dads new pc, he wants to spend as little as possible to get a gpu which i just got told i need. Any good GPU's for low prices and can keep up with the task of being a workstation?

Solution
Hold on here.

You have a Ryzen 5 2400G

That has onboard graphics that are almost on par with a GTX 1050 and can demolish anything that you can get at the price you are willing to pay.

Why are you not using the onboard graphics?

EDIT: I just saw your other thread you have a Ryzen 5 1400 which does not have onboard graphics. Any chance you can return it and swap it for the 2400G or 2200G? Thats your best bet.

hornirl

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
If you can spring for 40-50 (2nd hand on ebay, say, try ebay.de for more choice), a GTX 750ti has worked well for me for years. It still gets 60+ fps playing something like World of Tanks paired with a G3258 CPU for example (and your Ryzen is much better than this). Handles anything I throw at it as a workstation too.

Review here.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Hold on here.

You have a Ryzen 5 2400G

That has onboard graphics that are almost on par with a GTX 1050 and can demolish anything that you can get at the price you are willing to pay.

EDIT: I just saw your other thread you have a Ryzen 5 1400 which does not have onboard graphics. Any chance you can return it and swap it for the 2400G or 2200G? Thats your best bet.

Solution

Otterabove

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
Hold on here.

You have a Ryzen 5 2400G

Sorry just noticed, its a 1400

Otterabove

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
If you can spring for 40-50 (2nd hand on ebay, say, try ebay.de for more choice), a GTX 750ti has worked well for me for years. It still gets 60+ fps playing something like World of Tanks paired with a G3258 CPU for example (and your Ryzen is much better than this). Handles anything I throw at it as a workstation too.

Review here.
thank you for your reply, i will consider it

hornirl

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2014
thank you for your reply, i will consider it
I'm not (yet, getting closer) an AMD fan, so don't know difference between 1400 and 2400G but would agree with Rogue Leader, return/swap if you can.

For a workstation+ these days, integrated graphics rather than a discrete card can work OK. I've an Intel i5 CPU laptop that can play World of Tanks at 30fps minimum settings, just about tolerable.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I'm not (yet, getting closer) an AMD fan, so don't know difference between 1400 and 2400G but would agree with Rogue Leader, return/swap if you can.

For a workstation+ these days, integrated graphics rather than a discrete card can work OK. I've an Intel i5 CPU laptop that can play World of Tanks at 30fps minimum settings, just about tolerable.

For Comparison the iGPU in the Ryzen 5 2400G is equivalent almost to a GTX 1050, so swapping to it is tremendously worth it and probably cheaper than digging up a low price GPU (and faster!)