Need advice for my 1080p pc build

Jan 1, 2019
I want a good pc for 1080p/ gaming for around 900$CAN. What motherboard,PSU amd RAM
you guys can suggest me to match with an Sapphire Rx 580 8GB and AMD Ryzen 5 2600?? Best value for the price :p

Solution
Motherboard wise it really doesn't matter, AS Rock offers alot of bang for the buck and good quality, same with MSI. ASUS is still considered the best and I've heard good things about Gigabyte. I would get a B450 board, mATX or ATX is up to your case.

For RAM Ryzen 2600 is less picky but you honestly cant go wrong with Corsair Vengeance LPX and GSkill Ripjaw is also good (and usually cheaper). I would check the motherboard manufacturers support page for each board and see the QVL list for RAM compatibility. That's not saying a RAM brand and model that isnt on it wont work but it's still a good reference. Whatever you choose buy the ram in a matched kit, so for 8GB get the 2x4GB or for 16GB 2x8GB. Youll want duel channel memory...
Motherboard wise it really doesn't matter, AS Rock offers alot of bang for the buck and good quality, same with MSI. ASUS is still considered the best and I've heard good things about Gigabyte. I would get a B450 board, mATX or ATX is up to your case.

For RAM Ryzen 2600 is less picky but you honestly cant go wrong with Corsair Vengeance LPX and GSkill Ripjaw is also good (and usually cheaper). I would check the motherboard manufacturers support page for each board and see the QVL list for RAM compatibility. That's not saying a RAM brand and model that isnt on it wont work but it's still a good reference. Whatever you choose buy the ram in a matched kit, so for 8GB get the 2x4GB or for 16GB 2x8GB. Youll want duel channel memory.

As far as your PSU, depending on how much is left in your budget, get a EVGA G2 or G3 550-650 watt or Seasonic FOcus Gold 550-650 watt. I you need a more budget friendly one the Corsair CX550-650 (Grey and Black text, not the one with green or builder model) or a Corsair CX550M-650M would be a good option. You could probably get away with a 450 watt but it wont leave much room if you get a beefier card down the line.

Solution

BringerOfTea

Reputable
450 watt would be cutting it really short...

think it was Mattmad who informed me that the sapphire RX 580 8GB, if especially the nitro one... that has a power consumption that peakes and exceeds 240w

http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/580-8.html#specifications

so get a psu of a reputable make for atleast 550 watt.

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TbN2r6
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/TbN2r6/by_merchant/

Motherboard: Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($159.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($165.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $425.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-23 03:08 EST-0500

The memory checks out in the QVL listed on the MB

TRENDING THREADS