Need advice for new build (1100 euros cap)

ConstantineL

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Hello. I am planning this build for a friend for gaming (not enthusiast) and photo editing (it's his job - no video editing though.Used programs will be Photoshop and illustrator). Doesn't care/want overclock. This is what I was thinking:

CPU: Ryzen 2600
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus (this is the part I need help the most if somebody has a better/cheaper recommendation.)
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB (already has HDDs)
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4-3000MHz (will add 8GB more later)
PSU: Seasonic M12II 520 Evo
Monitor: Asus PB277Q (some advice about this one too. Needs 1440p resolution)

Case will be the cheapest we can find with some decent cooling.

All this comes around 1080 euros, with the monitor being the most expensive (280) and the gpu next (270) (all these with shipping costs).

I think that's about it. If I forgot something let me know. If there is ANY better/cheaper recommendation or advice in general about any of the parts, please let me know.

Thank you.

Solution

Okay then. Well, firstly, the Ryzen 5 1600 will almost certainly be a significantly better deal than a 2600. If you want to save money on the motherboard, I'd go for a micro-ATX one like the MSI B350M Gaming Pro. RAM looks like a solid budget choice with good speeds. For the monitor, this is a solid deal with good color accuracy (As they will be doing photo editing).

Hope...

ConstantineL

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016

I live in Greece and chose according to the prices here. I checked PCpartpicker but the prices are not very close to the prices here. If you have a recommendation or two, let me know and I will check here and tell you.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

Okay then. Well, firstly, the Ryzen 5 1600 will almost certainly be a significantly better deal than a 2600. If you want to save money on the motherboard, I'd go for a micro-ATX one like the MSI B350M Gaming Pro. RAM looks like a solid budget choice with good speeds. For the monitor, this is a solid deal with good color accuracy (As they will be doing photo editing).

Hope this helps out.

Solution

ConstantineL

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016

Hope this helps out.[/quotemsg]

I checked the monitor and it seems indeed good and cheaper with IPS (the one he wanted was TN). I'll check more reviews, thank you. As for the CPU, the 2600 is 15 euros more than the 1600 that is why I chose it. For the motherboard I checked the MSI B350 Gaming Plus ATX which is similar to the one you told me but ATX. With this motherboard and monitor I already saved around 70 euros so that's pretty good. Thank you.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018

Alright, glad to help out