Greetings, i planned to upgrade my HD4650, I need your advice :hello:

This is my rig spec :

Processor : AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
Mobo : Zotac GeForce 6100-Value
VGA : ATI HD 4650 512mb
RAM : 2+4 = 6 GB PC-1333
PSU : ENLIGHT 330 watt

My Question :

- If i upgrade vga without changing the psu, what is the best vga?

- Can i upgrade my vga to HD 7750 right now without changing my psu? Will it run games like prototype 2, sleeping dogs with maximum effort?

- Can i upgrade my vga to HD 7770 without changing my psu?

- Or do i need to change my psu?

my budget is arround $100 ~ $150

Thanks

Solution
no, your cpu will definately bottleneck a high end video card, but you were talking low end, and at the low to medium end it won't be that big of a difference . the power supply will provide is the basic ability to run the card without crashing your computer, but that doesn't mean you are getting the performance out it that you should. You will need upgrade your CPU for that.

i was attemping to work in your $150 budget, basic questions, and currently obsolete parts.

in the end, you should be looking at a complete upgrade

zpendam

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2012

So 7750 will run fine with this psu? Will the performance increase significantly compared to HD 4650?

how about 7770, will it run on my current psu without bottleneck?

abbadon_34

Distinguished
the 7750 is definate step up from the 4650, but it is still today's low end. the real benefit is it takes all it's power from the slot, no extra power connector needed . the 7770 needs an extra power connector that you either don't have or couldn't use reliably with your current PSU.

is misread your cpu as the older athlon x2, so you'd be fine cpu wise, but you need more power . think to the future and look for a quality PSU min 500 watt

zpendam

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2012

so all i need is changing the psu to 500watt then... my cpu wont bottleneck high end vga then?

i dont want to waste my money to upgrade my cpu, so what is the best vga card to buy by you mean 500watt psu can handle and wont bottleneck my cpu

abbadon_34

Distinguished
no, your cpu will definately bottleneck a high end video card, but you were talking low end, and at the low to medium end it won't be that big of a difference . the power supply will provide is the basic ability to run the card without crashing your computer, but that doesn't mean you are getting the performance out it that you should. You will need upgrade your CPU for that.

i was attemping to work in your $150 budget, basic questions, and currently obsolete parts.

in the end, you should be looking at a complete upgrade

Solution