Need advice on a good gaming pc case

Bazza23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2017
Hi guys,
The title explains it all really. I want a gaming case that is good but not too high in price. Preferably under £100 to be honest. I would also like it to be white to keep with the theme i am going for. A few different suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
NZXT S340, NZXT Phantom 240, NZXT Phantom 410, Fractal Design Define R4/R5, Aerocool X predator, Xpredator X3, AeroCool Strike-X Xtreme White Edition, Phanteks Eclipse P400, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Nanoxia Deep Silence 4, Thermaltake Chaser A31 snow edition, Bitfenix Aegis, Corsair Carbide Series Clear 400C, Bitfenix Aurora, SilverStone Primera PM01, Phanteks Enthoo Pro. All of them are great cases, but what it's up to you to decide what style, size etc you want.

G-star93

Honorable
Oct 19, 2014
NZXT S340, NZXT Phantom 240, NZXT Phantom 410, Fractal Design Define R4/R5, Aerocool X predator, Xpredator X3, AeroCool Strike-X Xtreme White Edition, Phanteks Eclipse P400, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, Nanoxia Deep Silence 4, Thermaltake Chaser A31 snow edition, Bitfenix Aegis, Corsair Carbide Series Clear 400C, Bitfenix Aurora, SilverStone Primera PM01, Phanteks Enthoo Pro. All of them are great cases, but what it's up to you to decide what style, size etc you want.

Solution
Setting a 100 quid price limit just gives you a huge choice maybe 40 or 50 decent white cases mate.
Ranging from £39 all the way to £100.
If ask you what your full component list is? For cooler height or rad compatibility or actual cooling capability you need.
Motherboard size
Do you want an optical drive in there ??
Windowed or not ??
After a mid tower , full tower , cube style etc etc.

Too much to recommend without cutting it down a little bit at least.

Bazza23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2017
Sorry guys forgot to mention my specs. I'm going to be building the following:
I5 6600k
hyper 212 evo or 412
atx sized motherboard- asus z170
gtx 960 will be changed in the future to a 1070
ram will most likely be corsair branded-16gb

Bazza23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2017

Going to be using a atx motherboard with a 212 evo. Preferably mid tower to full tower and as long as it is visually pleasing i don't mind what is suggested. It obviously needs to have good cooling taken into account. Oh also the optical drive isn't really needed. I don't mind if it does or doesn't have one. Window would also be nice to have.

Bazza23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2017

Would you recommend going for the s340 elite or standard?

^ they're the same case apartvfeom the tempered glass full size window

The choice is yours, with the elite because the window is so big you need to be really on the ball with cable management.both these cases come with a strange preinstalled fan layout (geared for a front rad I think) with 2 exhausts.
You need to fit an intake fan, if you don't want to spend extra buying one , just remove the 140mm top exhaust & use it as an intake.
I would say choose something other than the 212 evo if you don't already own it.
Its fitting system is archaic,its just an average performer at the end of the day.It interferes with the ram slot nearest the CPU.

Phanteka tc14s
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-ph-tc14s-140mm-cpu-cooler-hs-015-pt.html

That's what id be using in a black white based build, more expensive but better & quieter & you'll be looking at it everyday - the aesthetics are 100x nicer.

Bazza23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2017

A question about fans... this is going to be my first pc build and I would like to know how intake and exhausting fans work. Is it as simple as the way you fit the fan or is it fan specific? Would I have to buy a specific fan to exhaust etc or not. Also that cooler doesn't seem to have the best of reviews to be honest but I will consider what you said and look into other cooling options :)

I'll be honest , the cooler I linked is the wrong one.
I meant this one

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-U-Type-Heat-Sink-Cooler-PH-TC12DX_BK/dp/B00AXUTKEE

But that's a fairly unreasonable price at the minute.

You change the orientation of a fan to suit intake/exhaust.

Take any case fan .
One side will be open , the other side will have support struts.
The open side will always be the side where the fan takes in air, the strutted side is where the air is pushed out.

For an exhaust you put the strut side directly to the case so the open side is clearly visible from the case inside.
For an intake its reversed so the open side goes to the case mount , the strut side points in towards the motherboard.

Bazza23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2017

Ah okay makes sense. Thank you madmatt you have been a great help!