[SOLVED] Need advice on a new gaming monitor.

khaled_82

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015
Hello Tom's Hardware Community,

I don't have the most knowledge about monitors, I'm looking for a new gaming monitor which suits my computer specs.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-980x (12M Cache, 3.33 GHz ) (NO OC)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB
Ram: G.Skill 16GB DDR3-2133 memory
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X58A-UD7
SSD 128GB & HDD WD 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM1000i PSU
System type: Windows 10 Pro Professional

Currently i have Samsung 22" BX2331 LED" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD.

My budget is around 200$-340$.

I play games like Call of Duty Warzone, Pubg Steam, Pubg Mobile, GTA V, The Witcher, Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza Horizon, Sekiro, NEED FOR SPEED, Fifa, Dying Light 2, Resident Evil 3 Remake, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed.

Can someone please help me??? I would really really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!!!

Solution
Hello! :)

I would be happy to help you today. For games, I would prefer a higher refresh rate monitor anything above 75hz will bring a noticeable difference from a standard 60hz display. Now, today's monitor comes with lots of added features like a black stabilizer, HDR, Nvidia Gsync, AMD free sync (Enabling one of these options generally improves your screen tearing and flickering issue on your display), input lag, etc..

Let's come straight to the point, I feel with that price range something like this should give you a good deal and might satisfy many gamers out there. I would choose a monitor that will be crisp & clear in picture quality, fast, packed with useful features, and definitely should serve me for many years. A 27inch...

ben001

Distinguished
Hello! :)

I would be happy to help you today. For games, I would prefer a higher refresh rate monitor anything above 75hz will bring a noticeable difference from a standard 60hz display. Now, today's monitor comes with lots of added features like a black stabilizer, HDR, Nvidia Gsync, AMD free sync (Enabling one of these options generally improves your screen tearing and flickering issue on your display), input lag, etc..

Let's come straight to the point, I feel with that price range something like this should give you a good deal and might satisfy many gamers out there. I would choose a monitor that will be crisp & clear in picture quality, fast, packed with useful features, and definitely should serve me for many years. A 27inch 1440p will be the sweet spot.

PCPartPicker Part List

Monitor: Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($299.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $299.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-28 01:45 EDT-0400

This monitor comes with:
  • HDR 400
  • 1ms response time
  • IPS panel
  • AMD free sync, G-sync compatible
  • 144hz refresh rate
This will be worth an upgrade from your current Samsung monitor.

Last edited:
Reactions: khaled_82
Solution
Jun 21, 2020
I would upgrade your graphics card first, then buy a 1080p/1440p/4k monitor afterwards. I can recommend the EG 27 inch gaming monitor. it is 1440p and 144hz with a 1ms response time. My 2070 super performs very well with it and will hit 144fps on your games on high settings. It has a VA panel, but it is one of the best i have ever seen. The image quality is excellent. Freesync compatible

Reactions: khaled_82