Question Need Advice on Another Radeon R9 290 vs. Switching to RTX 2060 (super)

Jul 7, 2019
I have been thinking of switching cards for a long time now (a bit because of early problems with the current Powercolor R9 290 card).

I got the idea that instead of just replacing the old card i could go for a dual setup (note that i have the following PSU: PSU ) however i have no experience doing this sort of thing, hence no idea what would be best here. Furthermore, the part of the issue in deciding i think also lies in the fact that there are other features in the Rtx cards that i like and hence im not neccessarily thinking about pure performance, even though it is also important.

I will buy the card in the coming couple of weeks; and i intend to use it for gaming at 1440p.

Moreover, i rock the Asus P9X79 MoBo, the Intel i7-4930K CPU, and 16GB of RAM.

A thought: The dual setup may be extremely noisy.. and im not really willing to go over to water cooling. So im clearly leaning towards the getting a never cards, but i want advice on which option is better, and in the case of the latter, if the card i proposed is reasonable with regards to the system, my other concerns and money (im looking for something in the price range of the 2060 card, like upper mid range).