Need Advice on Buying a Dual 4K Monitor Graphics Card

SteveW1969

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Just purchased two Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor(s). This will be used for our new Marketing Manager who will be doing a lot of Graphic arts design and I need a card that can handle both monitors at 4K, 3840 X 2160. I was looking at the GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB card.

Will this handle both monitors at 4K, 3840 X 2160?

If not can anyone recommend a card that can?

Solution
It isn't the horsepower that is significantly different, it is the drivers. GTX card drivers are optimized for gaming. If the marketing manager is going to do Autodesk AND Call of Duty then a GTX card is appropriate. If it is Autodesk, then drivers for the Quadro cards are optimized for the work that is being done.
That i3 should be replaced and 8GB of RAM is too small for a workstation class PC.

SteveW1969

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Thanks for the help kanewolf. I currently have dual Quadro M4000 cards in my workstation that service 4 of the same monitor and those seem to work flawlessly. I use them for 3D Modeling with Autodesk Inventor I guess we are looking to see if a more economical card will perform some of the same duties as the new marketing manager will not require as much horsepower to create brochures and flyers regular task. She will be using Adobe Indesign current version. She also does some video editing but that would be for 1920x1080 screens which are placed around our business for news and that kind of thing. I ended up buying an MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDRR5 Graphics Card, the specs include.

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Video Memory: 6GB GDDR5
Max. Resolution: 7680 x 4320, support 4x Display monitors
Input: 1x 8Pin PCI-E power connector, output: DVI-D Dual Link, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort's
400W system power supply requirement; 120W power consumption.

Workstation specs:
MB: Asus Gryphon Z97
Processor: Intel Core i3 4360 @3.7 GHz
Memory: G.Skill PC3-12800H 8GB DDR3 Memory
PSU: 800W Corsair

Only thing I'm concerned about is the i3 processor. I hope it has enough horsepower to handle her design software with out issue.

kanewolf

Titan
It isn't the horsepower that is significantly different, it is the drivers. GTX card drivers are optimized for gaming. If the marketing manager is going to do Autodesk AND Call of Duty then a GTX card is appropriate. If it is Autodesk, then drivers for the Quadro cards are optimized for the work that is being done.
That i3 should be replaced and 8GB of RAM is too small for a workstation class PC.

Solution

SteveW1969

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
The marketing manager won't be using Autodesk, only Indesign, I use Autodesk on mine, I was just stating that I have experiance with Quadro cards. I will get an i7 and double her RAM. That should be enough for her then. Thanks again Kanewolf.

TRENDING THREADS