[SOLVED] Need advice on buying a GPU under £250

mukoolhasan

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
Hello everyone, so I'm looking for a GPU for my new build. I'm tight on budget and looking to spend around £250 max and I know the time isn't right at the moment as prices are really high. I'll mainly be playing AAA titles on 1080p medium settings. My aim is to get GTX 1650 as this is the only decent GPU comes under my budget, please direct me if there's anything better. I'd really appreciate any advice.

I've the following two cards available to me:

ASUS Phoenix GTX 1650 OC Edition for £160
ASUS TUF Gaming GTX 1650 OC Edition for £200.

Which one would be the better option? Is there anything else out there for this price? TIA!

Solution
Saving that money is a deal for me yes but then I'm confused because the TUF version has dual fan cooling system while the Phoenix is 1 fan based (like mini GPU). Will that be a big issue?
Here is a review of the card. It looks like the single fan 1650 will run quite a bit warmer than a dual fan version but still under 70 C under load.

Hello everyone, so I'm looking for a GPU for my new build. I'm tight on budget and looking to spend around £250 max and I know the time isn't right at the moment as prices are really high. I'll mainly be playing AAA titles on 1080p medium settings. My aim is to get GTX 1650 as this is the only decent GPU comes under my budget, please direct me if there's anything better. I'd really appreciate any advice.

I've the following two cards available to me:

ASUS Phoenix GTX 1650 OC Edition for £160
ASUS TUF Gaming GTX 1650 OC Edition for £200.

Which one would be the better option? Is there anything else out there for this price? TIA!
If you are on a tight budget saving £40 and buying the Phoenix 1650 seems like the way to go.

Reactions: artk2219
Saving that money is a deal for me yes but then I'm confused because the TUF version has dual fan cooling system while the Phoenix is 1 fan based (like mini GPU). Will that be a big issue?
Here is a review of the card. It looks like the single fan 1650 will run quite a bit warmer than a dual fan version but still under 70 C under load.

Solution

artk2219

Distinguished

Not a £40 issue, it may run a bit warmer, the TUF has a higher boost clock of 1755Mhz vs 1635Mhz on the phoenix but you're still memory and shader limited so id be surprised if its even a 5% difference between the two. I'd say save the £40, the warranty is the same between the two of them, the single fan should keep it cool enough, and the reliability should be the same.