kerlis130

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Okay...I'm fairly clueless when it comes to the insides of a computer, so I need some help. I bought Guild Wars 2 the other day, and I need a new graphics card for my laptop.My budget is roughly $100. I can go a little over if, say, a $120 card is infinitely better than a $90 card, but that's my general limit. I'm not sure on all of the specs I need, so here's everything I think I need to put in:

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

System Model: Inspiron N5010

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.7 GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Recommended Resolution: 1366 x 768

If there's any other information needed before I can be advised on which graphics card I should get, please let me know, and I appreciate any advice given.

Did you buy Guild Wars 2? Or Pre-order Guild Wars 2? I don't think the game is out yet.

Yes, the other poster is correct. You can't upgrade graphics in laptops like you can't in desktops.

I have heard of external graphic cards but I think they have never caught on.

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
That laptop can only supports on board graphics so its pretty much as good as it gets at the moment.

Other laptops do support better graphics cards, but they are designed with the extra space and have pcie power connectors, like the Alienware range.

So no youve pretty much got to make do with what you've got.

kerlis130

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Yeah, I pre-purchased Guild Wars. That...is unfortunate, however, that I can't upgrade my graphics. I suppose I have to get a new desktop then. Would an NVIDIA GT 520 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card support Guild Wars 2?