[SOLVED] Need Advice on dual RX 5700 XT vs RTX 2070 Super

Apr 21, 2020
Hi guys so I am building a new video editing rig after 10 years as my old rig is now not able to encode videos in speed and also the motherboard is gonna die very soon(got it repaired twice already).I was gonna go for 3950X with ASUS ROG hero motherboard this part is clear.

However the graphics part is confusing me a lot. I am not sure which card I should choose RX 5700 XT or RTX 2070 Super. I am thinking of buying 2 of these the price difference is not that big for me. But I need a system that can encode videos fast in Adobe and Handbrake.

The main purpose for the rig is to edit videos in 4K, I would also be playing some games in the meantime.
And yes I am gonna run a 3 monitor setup.

If any video creator out there can clear this confusion for me.
RX 5700 XT vs RTX 2070 Super or a single higher spec card?

Solution
Most games dont support CF of SLI anymore and if they do is very poorly coded, so i would say no to dual gpus for gaming.

Adobe premiere does support dual gpus
Handbrake i could not find and answer but from some of the forums it doesnt sound like it does.

if your looking for a single high spec card for encoding and gaming then a 2080 ti ($1200)
Most games dont support CF of SLI anymore and if they do is very poorly coded, so i would say no to dual gpus for gaming.

Adobe premiere does support dual gpus
Handbrake i could not find and answer but from some of the forums it doesnt sound like it does.

if your looking for a single high spec card for encoding and gaming then a 2080 ti ($1200)

Solution