Need advice on fan setup with Corsair H105

Jeff_40

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Hi, working on my 2nd computer build, and ran into a snag when my 240mm radiator/fan combo won't fit with the motherboard in the case. Here's the parts run-down:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero VIII
Case: AZZA CSAZ-XT1 B ATX full tower
Cooling: Corsair H105 liquid cooling system

So I figure, ok no problem, we'll take the two fans off that came with the Corsair and now the raidiator and MOBO fit in the case. The case comes with a 230mm top fan for exhaust that I flipped around for an intake to cool the radiator. I was going to have all 3, but since the 2 won't fit, now it's just the 1 top fan. So the question is, will this be sufficient to cool the radiator? Also, this leaves me with one exhaust fan on the case, with 2 intakes in addition to the 230mm fan. Should I switch one or both of the intake fans to exhaust now?

Thanks in advance for any answers provided, and I appreciate any other advice/feedback offered.

Solution

It's not necessary, and if its a pain to do, I would not do it. I was thinking if its easy to do, might as well do it for the extra degrees it might shear off, but then again that will probs only be a few...

Jeff_40

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Sure, I could swap both, but I'm just wondering if I need to. I'd rather not swap the front fan unless I have to, because it's kind of a pain to get to. And will the 230mm top fan provide enough air intake with the front, side, and rear fans all acting as exhaust? Will the radiator be cooled sufficiently from just that one fan? The 6700k is built for OC and I was planning to make use of that, will the single fan provide enough cooling in that instance as well?

Once again, all feedback is appreciated, thank you.

ar2uro

Distinguished
May 10, 2015

It's not necessary, and if its a pain to do, I would not do it. I was thinking if its easy to do, might as well do it for the extra degrees it might shear off, but then again that will probs only be a few degrees and the single fan should probably handle the oc'ing, unless your doing anything crazy.

Solution