Need advice on Galaxy branded GPU's/Need Help for my New Build

Bebby-

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Hey, right now I'm attempting to build my own PC(This is my first one and i know the basics/Have help from friends and Etc.). And I've stumbled upon this:

Galaxy GTX970-4GD5 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 1177/7010 MHz 2xDVI HDMI DP

I'm not too sure on them, so, what are your thoughts on them. Are they trust worthy/will they last more than a couple months?

Now that's out of the way, I wasn't too sure on where to post this part so I'll ask it here I suppose. Is the setup i currently have good for fairly high end gaming like max graphics on the majority games and is everything compatible so i wont have any problems with it when first starting up.
My current budget is around the $1000 AUD mark, And right now I've hit $516 AUD with the Ram/Mobo/CPU. I already have a case and an SSD isn't that needed as of now.

-As you can tell by the main part I don't have a GPU/PSU just as yet, tried to do some research but I couldn't find much of anything for it that was recent. So any advice on a PSU that would work well aswell will be greatly appreciated

Cpu - Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Socket 1150
Ram - Kingston 8GB 1866MHZ HyperX Fury Series
Motherboard - Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX Motherboard

Thats all i can think of right now, so thanks in advanced for your help/opinions. And if ive missed anything let me know.

PC-Noobist

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2014
Its just a reference design with a plastic shroud instead of aluminium although there isn't a Titan style one out yet, they are pretty reliable as long as your not doing massive overclocking with them although a lot of people get good overclocks out of reference based cards under water cooling but you won't be with that cooler, galaxy (or officially Galax now) are good there isn't much to worry about they are mainly based at budget builders as they have more low end models to offer at a cheaper price than other manufacturers, for the PSU something from EVGA, Seasonic, Enermax, Antec, Corsair, CoolerMaster or Silverstone with a rating of 80 Plus Silver or Gold at around 650 watts would be enough for 1 card if you plan to add another later i would say 800 to 850 watts. If you have anymore questions i am glad to help and just ask away, I am also a fellow Australian building many computers for myself friends and family, good luck with your build :)

Bebby-

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Thanks for the info It helped alot and its always good to meet a fellow aussie :D

PC-Noobist

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2014
It is, if i answered your question it would be great to pick me as the answer, if i haven't don't pressure yourself.

Bebby-

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
I would but i have no clue what im doing on this site lol