Question Need advice on gpu shopping

pearce_pc

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
Hi. I currently have a 460 4gb but I feel it isnt good anymore. Im going doing a triple screen setup 2 monitors then a tv in another room. Im hoping to be getting 100 for my current gpu ( RX460 ROG STRIX) I have around 250 300 total inc the gpu price sell. I only play simulator games like forza, ETS2, Farming simulator etc. I am in Ireland EU so i need prices like that. Thanks

MY SPECS:
B350M motherboard
16gb ram ribjaws
NZXT s340 case
ryzen5 1500x
psu is 430w

Last edited:
Well, there are some reasonably priced options for 1080p cards. Most notably there have been great sales lately on the RX 570 and RX 580, either of which are pretty much twice the GPU as the RX 460. The NVidia option is the GTX 1060 6GB. Don't bother looking at the GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti, as those are similar in performance to your RX 460. I'm not sure what your local pricing is on these cards, but they are the closest in price cards that can be considered an upgrade. If you had more to spend then the RTX 2060 or Vega 56 would be a reasonable investment. My advice is specifically the RX 570 though. There are some really good deals on those.

pearce_pc

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
Well, there are some reasonably priced options for 1080p cards. Most notably there have been great sales lately on the RX 570 and RX 580, either of which are pretty much twice the GPU as the RX 460. The NVidia option is the GTX 1060 6GB. Don't bother looking at the GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti, as those are similar in performance to your RX 460. I'm not sure what your local pricing is on these cards, but they are the closest in price cards that can be considered an upgrade. If you had more to spend then the RTX 2060 or Vega 56 would be a reasonable investment. My advice is specifically the RX 570 though. There are some really good deals on those.
So the rx570 and 580 and better then my current gpu

It shouldn't be a problem. You should be pretty happy with the performance. My only concern is that you not overclock anything. Your CPU with this GPU is going to have your Power Supply at about 80% capacity when under full load. There isn't anything wrong with running it like that, but overclocking can easily push your PSU into the 90% range and that is will shorten the life of it. So, if you want to add any more hardware or overclock, you'll need to upgrade your power supply.