need advice on having my computer fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

canihazyaz

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
I have a Neo Elan l5355n and I send it over to a tech to have it fixed.
The monitor would not display as if it is in sleep mode.
He tried various stuff to fix it to no avail.
He said something about adjusting the pins of the intel video card but the chances of it being fixed is 50-50. Should i go ahead and have him do it? He said that it may be the problem since the card heats up so fast....
Thanks in advance!

Solution
The computer should still have a factory warranty. You'll need to either send it to them or send it to a tech that's approved by them. Otherwise, you'll void the warranty (which may have already occurred, in which case you're screwed). If you have voided the warranty by allowing an unapproved tech to open the laptop, you need to get something in writing that says that they're culpable for any damage made in their attempt to repair the defective device, otherwise you're throwing your money into the toilet.

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
The computer should still have a factory warranty. You'll need to either send it to them or send it to a tech that's approved by them. Otherwise, you'll void the warranty (which may have already occurred, in which case you're screwed). If you have voided the warranty by allowing an unapproved tech to open the laptop, you need to get something in writing that says that they're culpable for any damage made in their attempt to repair the defective device, otherwise you're throwing your money into the toilet.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.