AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Hey guys.

So after spending a week on fine tuning this parts list, I've finally decided to ask for help again.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ameedmv/saved/#view=mD6Jyc

All of the components are geared towards most bang for the buck without a GPU. I just have one little problem.

I do not know whether the MAG B550 TOMAHAWK is compatible with the 5600G APU or not. Can someone clarify this for me? And also provide some other good options for a motherboard that is compatible with the 5600G.

And can someone give me some advice on how I should install the case fans on the P400A, like where exactly, for the best airflow.

And any other advice about this build is also welcome! Let me know what you guys think!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Hey guys.

So after spending a week on fine tuning this parts list, I've finally decided to ask for help again.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ameedmv/saved/FxM9cf

All of the components are geared towards most bang for the buck without a GPU. I just have one little problem.

I do not know whether the MAG B550 TOMAHAWK is compatible with the 5600G APU or not. Can someone clarify this for me? And also provide some other good options for a motherboard that is compatible with the 5600G.

And can someone give me some advice on how I should install the case fans on the P400A, like where exactly, for the best airflow.

And any other advice about this build is also welcome! Let me know what you guys think!

Thank you in advance!
Any b550 mobo is compatible with the 5600G heck even a b450 can support a r5 5600G you just need to update the bios.
whatt is the budget you want for your mobo?

Reactions: AmeedMv

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Any b550 mobo is compatible with the 5600G heck even a b450 can support a r5 5600G you just need to update the bios.
whatt is the budget you want for your mobo?

I guess I should have asked the real question properly, my bad.

Are there any boards that are in the market that doesn't require a bios update for this chip/series?
If not what's a good mobo under $180 with bios flashback capabilities?

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Hey guys.

All of the components are geared towards most bang for the buck without a GPU. I just have one little problem. I need a good motherboard recommendation under USD 180.

And can someone please give me some advice on how I should install the case fans on the P400A, like where exactly, for the best airflow. I kinda wanna do 3 intakes at the front and one at the back exhaust. Will that suffice?

Thank you in advance!

Hey guys.

All of the components are geared towards most bang for the buck without a GPU. I just have one little problem. I need a good motherboard recommendation under USD 180.

And can someone please give me some advice on how I should install the case fans on the P400A, like where exactly, for the best airflow. I kinda wanna do 3 intakes at the front and one at the back exhaust. Will that suffice?

Thank you in advance!
If you dont overclock you could use 11600KF, or 11400, or 10700F. The motherboard should be B560/M Steel Legend, B560M Bazooka, B560M Mortar Wifi, and Z490 Gaming Plus.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
I'll be buying a GPU in the future why do you ask?
if your not going to buy a gpu then i suggest b450 if you are buying a gpu then b550 because the b550 has a pcie 4.0 and the b450 does not.
Anyway i wouldnt recommend buying a $160 mobo its really nothing special exept the cool rgb lights, you could buy a cheap b550 for like $80 and invest that $80 on something like a gpu or ram to boost performace, but if you are rich and want a cool looking mobo then i guess that mobo is perfect for you.
ok now on to the case the best airflow i think would be 1 fan intake from the front top and 1 fan outtake at the back this will make your cpu fan have more airflow, now for the gpu i recommend to put 2 fans on top of the shroud of the case because that will make your gpu have more airflow.
It would look something like this.
241405333_556839665630922_2427924479694826921_n.jpg

Last edited:

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
If you dont overclock you could use 11600KF, or 11400, or 10700F. The motherboard should be B560/M Steel Legend, B560M Bazooka, B560M Mortar Wifi, and Z490 Gaming Plus.

The problem with those processors is, two of them don't have an igpu and one of them has only 6 cores.

I prefer to keep the 11600K as it has an igpu, it's cheaper and has 8 cores. I plan on adding a dedicated GPU atleast a month after I finish this build.

I'll check out these motherboards.

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
I think you are mistaken, the 11600k has 6 cores with hyperthreading.

Wow. I am really losing my mind here. Sorry guys.

I've been contemplating on a lot of things that I forgot I downgraded my 11700 choice to an 11600k. My bad.

But it does have iGPU much like the 11400 and it's only costs $10 more on newegg. I do really want the best igpu I can get from Intel right now until I can get a dedicated GPU.

Wow. I am really losing my mind here. Sorry guys.

I've been contemplating on a lot of things that I forgot I downgraded my 11700 choice to an 11600k. My bad.

But it does have iGPU much like the 11400 and it's only costs $10 more on newegg. I do really want the best igpu I can get from Intel right now until I can get a dedicated GPU.
want a better igpu? go amd, those Ryzen 5600G (6c 12t) and Ryzen 7 5800G (8c 16t) paired with dual channel ddr4 3600-4000mhz will be pretty much strong to play current gamess with low to medium settings. FAR more better then intel.

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
want a better igpu? go amd, those Ryzen 5600G (6c 12t) and Ryzen 7 5800G (8c 16t) paired with dual channel ddr4 3600-4000mhz will be pretty much strong to play current gamess with low to medium settings. FAR more better then intel.

The thing I'm worried about going that direction is going through all the hassle of updating bios and not to mention 5800G doesn't support PCIE 4.0. That's kind of a dealbreaker if I'm going to be adding a dedicated GPU in a month or so.

The thing I'm worried about going that direction is going through all the hassle of updating bios and not to mention 5800G doesn't support PCIE 4.0.
Only if you use the real benefit of PCIe 4.0 for real world tasks. PCIe 3.0 is still capable for RTX 3000 series, you could see benchmarks on youtube that it doesn't decrease the performance of your gpu, also it still supports pcie resizable bar.

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
Only if you use the real benefit of PCIe 4.0 for real world tasks. PCIe 3.0 is still capable for RTX 3000 series, you could see benchmarks on youtube that it doesn't decrease the performance of your gpu, also it still supports pcie resizable bar.

I do indeed require the most of what my GPU can give me. While I'm not gaming or streaming to discord, I'll be using this to animate and for 3d modeling and vfx work. Which is why I did include 32 gigs of ram as well. The CPU, while it is an i5, is good enough for the work I'll be doing. As most of the animation rendering is done with a GPU biased software. So yes, I'll be needing that extra PCIE 4.0 bandwidth.

The processor is locked in as far as I'm concerned. There's not going to be a change to that. And I think I've found a good motherboard as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Xm8bt6/asus-prime-z590-p-atx-lga1200-motherboard-prime-z590-p

I do indeed require the most of what my GPU can give me. While I'm not gaming or streaming to discord, I'll be using this to animate and for 3d modeling and vfx work. Which is why I did include 32 gigs of ram as well. The CPU, while it is an i5, is good enough for the work I'll be doing. As most of the animation rendering is done with a GPU biased software. So yes, I'll be needing that extra PCIE 4.0 bandwidth.

The processor is locked in as far as I'm concerned. There's not going to be a change to that. And I think I've found a good motherboard as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Xm8bt6/asus-prime-z590-p-atx-lga1200-motherboard-prime-z590-p
to me, going for 5700g for a while isn't bad either, you could sell the 5700g while using it with your new gpu, and buy 5800x, or even 5900x and 5950x after you sold the cpu, for pcie 4.0.

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
to me, going for 5700g for a while isn't bad either, you could sell the 5700g while using it with your new gpu, and buy 5800x, or even 5900x and 5950x after you sold the cpu, for pcie 4.0.

Where this PC is going, there isn't much market for used or even new PC components. And there is only a handful of people who are PC enthusiasts. So that's definitely not an option.

Besides the CPU is currently locked in. There's no changing it. I was only looking for mobo suggestions. And now I found a good one. So I guess that's the end of it. :sneaky: