Need Advice on new GPU, high budget

ninjamark

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hey guys, Im just going to follow the recommended format for asking

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 2 months

BUDGET RANGE: pretty large, want to keep it about 500AUD but It can go to about 800AUD

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mostly gaming, I want to be able to run BF3 on max settings, gett atleast 60 fps.

It will also be used for hobby level video editing and 3d design in programs like autocad

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY:None, yet, but I was looking at a OCZ 750W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Mobo - G1-Assassin, cpu - i7 3820

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Umart, kinda like Australia's newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: Nvidia preffered, just feel that intel gears goes a bit better with Nvidia.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Only if I have to for the results I want, the 60fps on max settings in BF3 is my goal

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 2 X 1600x1200,

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I will have water cooling, Again must run Bf3 60 fps max settings.

I did have a look at the charts on the site
http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2012-vga-gpgpu/13-Battlefield-3-DirectX-11-C-Extreme,2969.html
The MSI GTX 670 looks pretty good on those charts
So that would be my choice, but I'm a little unsure if that is a single card or 2 in SLI on the chart

ninjamark

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Ahhrhsa;da
I thought so, I can get 2, so I probably will. But with the water cooling it will blow my budget, which I can do, I just have to tell my partner that :p

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

See if you cant buy pre-waterblocked cards C:

ninjamark

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I'm looking into water cooling blocks for them atm, I'd rather have a custom WC set up as the pre build ones are pretty average, or at least that is what I read everywhere.

Im gonna go post in the water cooling section about some good blocks though, having trouble finding some that will fit