Need advice on new noise cancelling headphones

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I am looking at the possibility of buying a new set of noise cancelling headphones. Now, I am not the kind of person who uses headphones for phone calls or voice commands for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri. I also prefer a wired connection over wireless for better sound quality. Like other computer and electronic products that I purchase, I try to avoid overkill. For most of the last 15 years, I have used Bose headphones like the Quiet Comfort 2 and Quiet Comfort 25. I like listening to various genres of music while traveling such as Rock, Electronic, Pop, Film Score, Classical, and New Age. I would like noise cancelling headphones that work well with all genres of music, provide good sound quality with the noise cancelling mode on and off, and does a good job of cancelling out outside noise (e.g. aircraft engines, screaming babies, etc.). I have looked at the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II, Bose NC 700, and Sony WH-1000XM4 as possible candidates. I am also open to other suggestions. What would be your recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 20, 2020
The XM4s are the really good in Noise cancellation. I’ve been using XM3 for over an year now. They are perfect for any situation to reduce the ambient noise to a great extent. Sony has improved the noise cancellation further in XM4.
Also the sound quality is good but sometimes if you have a cheap Bluetooth adapter in your PC or laptop, the music will lag which is annoying.