Need Advice On New PC Build

max12888

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Hey guys!

I will need some advices from you, so.. i have begin for upgrading my PC.

I have the case thermaltake core v71 since a few years and the cooler master evo 212..

I will upgrade to i7 8700k i already buy it and i have see the evo 212 will be not sufficient for this one if i want a overclock.. which one you advise me to a good quality / price and please only air cooling!

After that I can not decide for the motherboard .. I already had an Asus and I had problems, then I had Intel cards never had problems but obviously Intel to stop doing it , i do not find .. I look especially aside asrock but I can not decide .. have you some models ?

i am currently having ddr3 and now i am going to ddr4 i am looking for 16gb .. i am a bit lost for now with this .. it has so many frequencies! what do you recommend?

I am in Canada.

Thanks!

g-unit1111

Titan
Here's what I would suggest:

1. Ditch that Hyper 212 Evo - there have been much better coolers that have come along since then, and it is ill-suited for an 8700K.

2. As far as motherboards go - I personally prefer Gigabyte, Asrock, and MSI. As far as any specific models you want that would depend on what your overall budget is.

3. I personally use and recommend G Skill Trident Z - it's typically the best RAM you can buy right now because it has a stronger B-Die than many of its' competitors do. You could get Corsair Vengeance but those kits are only decent compared to what you can get with G Skill.

4. I would also suggest that now is not the time to be buying a new GPU. There is a massive GPU shortage out there and it is affecting supplies around the world, not just in the USA and Canada. Keep that in mind when you are pricing out your new rig.

max12888

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
[strike]Thanks you ! Well i am come from a i7 3700 , my friend buy my pc current. I would love to have this three pieces in the 480$ for example the ram 200, motherboard 200 et 80 for the cooler..

Yes! specially gigabyte and asrock for me , msi i am not sure and asus a lot a dead board here..

I did not plan to overclock my CPU only the turbo so if the 212 evo is not best which one you recommanded me ?[/strike]

NO much help here.. thanks anyway! I have found the answers by myself.