Need advice on new system

I'm about to build a small form factor PC for gaming and am looking for
some advice. So far the parts I've selected are as follows:

-Shuttle SN25P Barebones Case/MB (socket 939; Nforce4 Chipset)
-Athlon 64 3500+ (which I hope to overclock to around 2.5 GHz)
-2 x 512MB PC 3200 Corsair XMS Extreme Ram
-ATI Radeon X800 XL 256 MB Graphics Card
-Hitachi 160GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
-Keyboard, mouse, speakers, DVD drive, etc.

I've never built an AMD system before, and haven't build any system in
about 2 years, so I feel a bit like a fish out of water. Any
advice/comments will be much appreciated!

P.S. Will the above system be noticeably faster than my current P4
3GHz (overclocked from 2.4 GHz), 1GB Ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro system?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've been checking on various part combinations also and visited the
AMD web site for information on compatibility.

You may have already done this, but if not, you might want to check out
AMD.com, or I believe the page for the cpu you are considering is: -
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_869_9460,00.html

I don't know the answer to the question in your P.S.

<rollinginownfilth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm about to build a small form factor PC for gaming and am looking for
> some advice. So far the parts I've selected are as follows:
>
> -Shuttle SN25P Barebones Case/MB (socket 939; Nforce4 Chipset)
> -Athlon 64 3500+ (which I hope to overclock to around 2.5 GHz)
> -2 x 512MB PC 3200 Corsair XMS Extreme Ram
> -ATI Radeon X800 XL 256 MB Graphics Card
> -Hitachi 160GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
> -Keyboard, mouse, speakers, DVD drive, etc.
>
> I've never built an AMD system before, and haven't build any system in
> about 2 years, so I feel a bit like a fish out of water. Any
> advice/comments will be much appreciated!
>
> P.S. Will the above system be noticeably faster than my current P4
> 3GHz (overclocked from 2.4 GHz), 1GB Ram, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro system?

Looks fine, should be faster than present system.
Mike.