[SOLVED] Need advice on optical drive

May 12, 2020
I recently came across a bunch of old CDs and Blu-rays that I don’t remember what I saved on them. My laptop does not have an optical drive, so I’m looking for the cheapest external option that would read any disc format I come across. I don’t need a burner, I just need read capability.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

-Frank

Solution
I recently came across a bunch of old CDs and Blu-rays that I don’t remember what I saved on them. My laptop does not have an optical drive, so I’m looking for the cheapest external option that would read any disc format I come across. I don’t need a burner, I just need read capability.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

-Frank
I doubt that you will find an external reader only. If you are in the US take a look at THIS ASUS USB model for only $28 including shipping.

RealBeast

Titan
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

-Frank
I doubt that you will find an external reader only. If you are in the US take a look at THIS ASUS USB model for only $28 including shipping.

Solution
May 12, 2020
Thanks for the response. I was going to remind you that I asked about something that would read all formats, including BluRay, but then I thought...”Wait, am I really sure I even need that?” So I went through the discs I found and they are all CDRWs. They’re probably 10-15 years old! Ha!

So your suggestion would probably be perfect, assuming there won’t be any compatibility issues with such old discs.

Thank you again!
-Frank