[SOLVED] need advice on PSU

jpaul1

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
Hello, according to a motherboard message my PSU is dying right now. it's a quite old PSU, so i believe it can be living its last days. i read darkbreeze tut, but i don't have quite time to sort out all this. so here my rig and all the stuff always on, or who could be simulateanously triggered. i buy from France

• 3900X
  • 16 gigs @ 3600
  • 1 SSD
  • 2 HDD
  • watercooling all in one 2 fans
  • 1 120 mm case fan
  • trackball + keyboard + spacemouse
  • graphic tablet
  • external HDD
  • micro usb cable (camera, phone)
  • game controller
  • 2 24" screens
  • Xonar audio card + 2.1 audio system
  • ethernet card
Thank you

Solution
Hello, according to a motherboard message my PSU is dying right now. it's a quite old PSU, so i believe it can be living its last days. i read darkbreeze tut, but i don't have quite time to sort out all this. so here my rig and all the stuff always on, or who could be simulateanously triggered. i buy from France

• 3900X
  • 16 gigs @ 3600
  • 1 SSD
  • 2 HDD
  • 1 120 mm case fan
  • graphic tablet
  • external HDD
  • game controller
  • 2 24" screens
  • ethernet card
Thank you
I'd go for 500 watts or more...and personally I buy Seasonic and Corsair....but here is the tier...

• 3900X
  • 16 gigs @ 3600
  • 1 SSD
  • 2 HDD
  • 1 120 mm case fan
  • graphic tablet
  • external HDD
  • game controller
  • 2 24" screens
  • ethernet card
Thank you
I'd go for 500 watts or more...and personally I buy Seasonic and Corsair....but here is the tier list.

The better power supplies are at the top....the worst at the bottom.

Reactions: jpaul1
Solution

jpaul1

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
Thanks guys. been digging around. and lot of recommended PSU are simply out of stock here in western Europe. probably due to the pandemic. so i had to aim a little higher, and i came across these two. i'm hesitating because there's 40€ difference between the two, and i'm wondering if the titanium is really worth these extra bucks. i made a calculation at seasonic site to know my power consumption, and counting large, they told me i had a 403W load, thus they recommend me a 453W PSU. this is why i'm going after a 650W, that should be largely enough

Seasonic 650W platinum (10 years warranty)

Seasonic 650W titanium (12 years warranty)

Thanks guys. been digging around. and lot of recommended PSU are simply out of stock here in western Europe. probably due to the pandemic. so i had to aim a little higher, and i came across these two. i'm hesitating because there's 40€ difference between the two, and i'm wondering if the titanium is really worth these extra bucks. i made a calculation at seasonic site to know my power consumption, and counting large, they told me i had a 403W load, thus they recommend me a 453W PSU. this is why i'm going after a 650W, that should be largely enough

I would go for either one.
I think they're both very good.

Reactions: jpaul1
Oct 28, 2020

• 3900X
  • 16 gigs @ 3600
  • 1 SSD
  • 2 HDD
  • 1 120 mm case fan
  • graphic tablet
  • external HDD
  • game controller
  • 2 24" screens
  • ethernet card
Thank you
try a EVGA 430W 80 PLUS power supply SabertoothTiger had one and it worked with his amd chip computer so it should work fine with ur PC setup

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
try a EVGA 430W 80 PLUS power supply SabertoothTiger had one and it worked with his amd chip computer so it should work fine with ur PC setup
How were the fireworks ? LMAO
Both terribly overpriced, get this :
https://www.amazon.fr/Bitfenix-BP-W...nix+whisper&qid=1605770657&s=computers&sr=1-4
I've tried to link it to you in my first reply but for some reason both links went to Corsair which is already out of stock.