Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleevin

Reputable
Oct 3, 2020
Hi All,

I don't know where else to turn after having a nightmare with my PC today...

After a simple removal and clean of my CPU Cooler my PC wouldn't boot when i re-installed it, my mobo displaying a Red light against the CPU 'EZ Debug Indicator'

I saw a few pins on my mobo cpu pins which were bent, tried to straighten, didn't work. I then saw my CPU looked bent and damaged, and after trying everything I think i've made things worse and damaged my Mobo and CPU.

I intend to purchase a new Mobo and CPU but my question is will there be issues booting my current HD which has a cracked version of windows 10? And will it keep of all my files that were on my hardrive? I doubt it's simply just a plug in a play, and trying to research this on Youtube has gotten overwhelming. Any help is hugely appreciated and if i've missed any important details please let me know.

PC Specs:

MSI B150A Motar
7600 Intel i7
Corsair Vengeance 16gb DDR4 2666hz
EVGA SuperNova G2 550w
WB Blue 2TB HD

Thanks

Steve

Solution
I'm no expert on CPU pins, but I recently upgraded my CPU, RAM, and Mobo. I kept my old drives, and it booted right up first try. So I wouldn't stress out about your files or booting with a new CPU. It should boot right up. And I had some weird non-licensed version of Windows at the time.
Oct 2, 2020
I'm no expert on CPU pins, but I recently upgraded my CPU, RAM, and Mobo. I kept my old drives, and it booted right up first try. So I wouldn't stress out about your files or booting with a new CPU. It should boot right up. And I had some weird non-licensed version of Windows at the time.

Solution

Sleevin

Reputable
Oct 3, 2020
Ah ok, that's promising

Ah ok that's promising, so you didn't even need to set the hardive priority in the BIOS? Just wen't straight through?

Oct 2, 2020
Ah ok, that's promising

Ah ok that's promising, so you didn't even need to set the hardive priority in the BIOS? Just wen't straight through?

I think I got lucky with the ordering of my drives when plugging them in haha. But if not, it should've been pretty easy to set straight in BIOS. I went from a i5 3700k with DDR3 ram to i5 9600k DDR4.

USAFRet

Titan
I intend to purchase a new Mobo and CPU but my question is will there be issues booting my current HD which has a cracked version of windows 10? And will it keep of all my files that were on my hardrive? I doubt it's simply just a plug in a play, and trying to research this on Youtube has gotten overwhelming. Any help is hugely appreciated and if i've missed any important details please let me know.
Forums at Tom's Hardware does not provide assistance with cracked software. At all.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.