Need advice on upgrading my GPU

Ertrius

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2016
Yesterday my Zotac 1080ti Amp! Extreme arrived and I am upgrading from a Zotac 980ti Amp! Extreme. I would like advice on some procedures I should do to ensure a smooth transition. Should I use DDU to clean out all traces of the 980ti drivers before I install the 1080ti driver? Or, just go ahead and pop the 1080 in and install the driver?
I heard a lot of people having problems using DDU because they could`nt remember a password. Is this the same password for logging into Microsoft? Or logging into Windows? I remember I put in a password when I installed W10 OS, but I don`t remember what the password was.

Most likely it's the Windows password. But I do recommend using DDU, even though it's NVIDIA it's going to use difference INI files.

If you don't have a password protected account (you should), then you may want to see if you change it, if possible.

Ertrius

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2016
Ok, thanks Herc. I hope there won`t be any other surprises when I use DDU. Is there an instruction file (read me) on how to use DDU before I run the program?