[SOLVED] Need Advice Picking Home Stereo Receiver

ThunderBoyDavid

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2012
i have looked all over Amazon and can't find exactly what i' m looking for.. so i come here in hopes that i can get some great advice!!!

i will be hooking up my computer via RCA AUX Line in.
i need a Center RCA Line Out for the Soundbar (i had a Center RCA Left/Right Line Out on my old Receiver that died)
i need a Sub RCA Line Out. (It's a RCA Male to RCA 2 Male.. the 2 Male are on the Sub)
And, finally, i need Left/Right Connectors for 2 Monster Cables/Speaker Wire for 2 Floor Tower Speakers.
200W / 300W / 400W or more if that's what it takes... either is fine.

A BIG Thank You in Advance for all the Help!!! i am NOT that good at finding things. i need all the help i can get.!!
Thank You, David, ThunderBoyDavid

Solution
You are using a powered soundbar for the center channel along with non-powered speakers?

I would just get a standard center channel speaker and use the standard center channel connection for that.

From what I see only the high end receivers have a pre-out for RCA that bypasses the amp and that is probably also sending all the audio data not just center channel. This one https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022RXA2ABL/Yamaha-AVENTAGE-RX-A2A-2020-model.html?tp=179 but the ones in the $250 range don't have that.

The other thing if you are line out on the computer, that means means you don't have surround sound anyway on the thing, you may as well get rid of the soundbar and just use the standard speakers.
You are using a powered soundbar for the center channel along with non-powered speakers?

I would just get a standard center channel speaker and use the standard center channel connection for that.

From what I see only the high end receivers have a pre-out for RCA that bypasses the amp and that is probably also sending all the audio data not just center channel. This one https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022RXA2ABL/Yamaha-AVENTAGE-RX-A2A-2020-model.html?tp=179 but the ones in the $250 range don't have that.

The other thing if you are line out on the computer, that means means you don't have surround sound anyway on the thing, you may as well get rid of the soundbar and just use the standard speakers.

Solution