Need advice re. when and where to buy components to build PC

Sep 19, 2018
Hey,

I'm just about ready (I hope) to purchase the components for my first desktop build but, sadly, the price of the components has risen significantly since I first began looking. I initially set a budget for £1,600 and was advised to take a look at the rig below, which worked out about 10 quid above my budget.

But the cheapest I could find for these components are as follows:

Amazon:
Phanteks Pro M: £67.50
ADATA XPG SX8000 512GB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2: £152
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB: £138.92
Asus Z370-A D4 ATX: £148.86
Noctua NH-D15: £79.86
Intel i7-8700K: £386.40
Total with postage and VAT £1,034.23

Scan
Zotac GeForce GTX 1080-ti: £694.99
Seasonic Plus Gold 650W: £79.99
Total with postage and VAT £786.48

Aria PC
Seagate Barracuda 2TB: £52.79
Total with postage and VAT £52.79

That works out to £1,873.50 overall, and that's even before I've begun started looking at disc drives.

I was a bit shocked to see the prices move so quickly from merely a few days ago and so I'm now hesitant to buy anything in case the prices of these will go down. That said, I'd like to build this as soon as possible due to exhaustion with having to use by today's standards the technological equivalent of the stone tablet.

What do you reckon? Are any of these going to be notably cheaper elsewhere on the net/high street but I've just missed them? Or can I expect the prices of components to fluctuate significantly all the time anyway?

I'm new to building PCs, as I said, and have really appreciated the support I've received so far. So please do bear with me as I try my best to keep up!

Cheers!

Solution
Check via PCPartpicker but yes part prices can vary day to day. Best bet would be to try to find bundles that have the parts you want and you can typically save some money by doing that.