[SOLVED] Need advice with high performance PC build

VictoryAudio

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
Hi,

I'm moving from Mac to PC for audio post production and have grabbed some high performance components to build a silent and beefy system.
After looking through threads on this forum I'm a little concerned I may have grabbed a bunch of parts that may not necessarily perform very well together, the main things being my Ram and CPU cooler.

I'm totally unsure about Ram.
Contrary to everything I've read online about ram and ryzen 3, a colleague told me that in a digital audio environment ram speed isn't as important as capacity so I've went for a 32 gb (2x16) set of corsair vengeance sticks at 3000mhz c16 from the AsRock QVL.

The plan is to eventually get the system on 64 GB of ram across 4 Dimm slots.
Will this ram speed maybe affect my CPU performance or cause any issues?

I wonder if the cooler is maybe underpowered as well as AMD suggest water cooling for the 3950x but scan told me the one I have should be fine. Especially with the cooling potential of my case.

The build is;

Case - BeQuiet 500X midi tower
Fans. - 5 x Be quiet silent wing 2 case fans
Cooler - BeQuiet Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler
Mobo - AsRock x570 Taichi Motherboard
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
GPU - GeForce GTX 970
Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x 16GB 3000mhz C16, CMK32GX4M2D3000C16
PSU - Seasonic Focus GX 750watt Gold

1x Samsung EVO m.2 1TB
2x WD blue sata SSDs and an old HDD that will all be replaced with NVME drives.

Artic Silver MX - 4 Thermal Compound

Any advice would be great!

Many Thanks

Solution
Your system is a solid build.
3000mhz is not "blazing fast" but 3000 cl16 is not slow by any stretch of the imagination, it will not cause any problems.

The cooler is also good enough. I would run a prolonged stress test, and see if the temps are under control
rule of thumb for temps:
90+ bad
80- good
basically, you want it as long as possible, but anything under 90 is good enough for prolonged use. (I would say cpus were ment to run at 90, but other people here will kill me.)
Your system is a solid build.
3000mhz is not "blazing fast" but 3000 cl16 is not slow by any stretch of the imagination, it will not cause any problems.

The cooler is also good enough. I would run a prolonged stress test, and see if the temps are under control
rule of thumb for temps:
90+ bad
80- good
basically, you want it as long as possible, but anything under 90 is good enough for prolonged use. (I would say cpus were ment to run at 90, but other people here will kill me.)

Reactions: VictoryAudio
Solution